Dynamic Disk

Trekt Nation

I have a dynamic disk(s) and I'm reinstalling soon, should I convert back to a basic disk or will Windows recongize my dynamic disk and I won't be missing data?

Also how could I go about converting back to a basic disk?

Windows should be able to recognize it on a fresh install.  Just make sure to not accidentally format one of the drives in the pool haha.  I used to have a 4 drive dynamic disk and I've reinstalled windows a few times with it., you can scream at me if it doesn't work and ill help you recover data if it gets lost, which it shouldn't.  

Also, I don't think you can convert back to a basic disk without losing your data. You'd have to copy to another drive them move it back after converting to basic.

12 hours ago, Jaker788 said:

Windows should be able to recognize it on a fresh install.  Just make sure to not accidentally format one of the drives in the pool haha.  I used to have a 4 drive dynamic disk and I've reinstalled windows a few times with it., you can scream at me if it doesn't work and ill help you recover data if it gets lost, which it shouldn't.  

Also, I don't think you can convert back to a basic disk without losing your data. You'd have to copy to another drive them move it back after converting to basic.

Thanks