Storage internal HDD doesn't initialize

DingdongTP
Go to solution Solved by DingdongTP,
31 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

You can use a 2.5" Internal HDD with a desktop too.

26 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Yes. It's just a SATA connection. It should work in a desktop. 

Okay guys, so I removed the caddy from my computer, then I realized I couldn't find my small screwdriver to remove the drive from the caddy, so I put the caddy back into the computer, turned it on and guess what? Same old "plug it off and back on again" the drive shows up in explorer with everything inside. Sorry for the trouble folks, and thank you for your help.

So, trying to keep it short:

I have an Internal HDD where I store everything in my computer except programs which go to my boot SSD. I was trying to access one folder in my HDD and it said it was empty. I found it odd so I rebooted my pc to see if it was just a Windows 10 bug (you know Windows 10). The thing is, after the computer initialized, the drive went completely missing from "This PC", so I went to disk management to see what was going on, and I found my HDD labeled as "Disk 1", Unknown and not initialized. I then tried to initialize the disk, but if I try to do it with GTP, it says it doesn't have the required storage space to use GTP, and if I try MBR, it says that the system could not locate the specified file. Is there any hope for my drive? I have everything that I care about in there, I have made some backups, but my last one is over 2 months old and as I take lots os photos, there is still a great amount of non backed-up files. The disk nor the pc are old as well, both turning 1yo next month.

Thanks for your help

UPDATE: I checked again and now it disappeared completely from disk management....

1 minute ago, OvrilPT said:

UPDATE: I checked again and now it disappeared completely from disk management....

Do you have anymore computers to test the drive with?

3 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

Do you have anymore computers to test the drive with?

Yes I do, failed to mention in the main topic but the drive is an 2.5" internal HDD in a laptop (but easily removed, as it sits in the dvd caddy).

Just now, OvrilPT said:

Yes I do, failed to mention in the main topic but the drive is an 2.5" internal HDD in a laptop (but easily removed, as it sits in the dvd caddy.

Just now, TheCherryKing said:

So you recommend I try and plug the drive into my desktop computer internally?

2 minutes ago, OvrilPT said:

So you recommend I try and plug the drive into my desktop computer internally?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

31 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

26 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Okay guys, so I removed the caddy from my computer, then I realized I couldn't find my small screwdriver to remove the drive from the caddy, so I put the caddy back into the computer, turned it on and guess what? Same old "plug it off and back on again" the drive shows up in explorer with everything inside. Sorry for the trouble folks, and thank you for your help.

3 minutes ago, OvrilPT said:

That's fine, glad it was something simple. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2