switch on a 1440p monitor

mockedarche

So like a lot of people I have been drawn to the idea of looking into a switch. I currently have a 1440p monitor how bad would it look upscaled? I know most people would say well set your computer to 1080p and look well that doesn't work nividia gpus are always EXTRA blurry on non native resolutions. Case in point I had a ati 2400 p40 prior to my 1050ti and whenever I was using my tv its "native was 1080p" but it lied and was actually 1360x768 looked SUPER sharp on the ati card but always blurry on the 1050ti regardless if I tried 1080p or 768p underscan all the tricks you can think the gpu just wouldn't put out the video as the ati 2400 pro now with my new monitor no issue at all. Pretty much I understand that it wont be as clear a if it was a 1080p screen or atleast as clear a a 1080p screen but truth be told I plan to mostly plan handheld but if it looks terrible its still a killer for me. In short anyone have a ps4 xbox one or even a switch and use it on a 1440p monitor ( NOTE NOT ps4 pro or Xbox one S as these do upscale)

tried it on 4k, so I'd assume 1440p would be somewhat similar just a little-scaled back. Short of the matter, would not advise.

Just now, Ohsnaps said:

@Aleemageddonmeaning you wouldn't suggest it unless its on a native 1080p panel?

oh yeah sorry didn't clarify, yeah pretty much, not a very good experience I just do handheld now, unless the tv is free

Just now, Ohsnaps said:

@Aleemageddonahh Thanks for the reply guess ill continue to look into it but with that into account.

no problem, and to be clear it's very good on the tv, but at first I had attempted on my monitor cause I wanted to have a whole all gaming on one setup thing but now I have the switch in the living room because of it.

@AleemageddonI've heard that if 1080p looks bad that 720p looks better since its direct pixel or whatever aka it can scale up to 1440p where as 1080p is like a 1.333 pixel upscale meaning in short 1080p should look better since theres more information but on certain monitors you need 720 to allow it to upscale better. Did you try 720p and 1080p?

oh, I only tried 1080 because I didn't really want to even do 720 but I might try that at some point when I get home