Adaptive Mode Issues

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Don't use a stress test like realbench they will push the voltage above the set limit when using adaptive mode. You can't use any artificial stress test using adaptive, benmark software such as cinebench won't cause that to occur. 

I ran cinebench and it still does the same exact thing, and as I said before when windows first loads up after I login I quickly open HWMonitor and I see the voltages hitting 1.263, and etc

10900k 5.0ghz OC | ASUS Strix Z490 | NVIDIA 4090 FE | 4x16GB Corsair Vengeance PRO (3200MHz)

1 hour ago, xovague said:

I ran cinebench and it still does the same exact thing, and as I said before when windows first loads up after I login I quickly open HWMonitor and I see the voltages hitting 1.263, and etc

Can you post a screen shot of your overclock settings, a small rise above the set voltage is not uncommon due to inaccuracies in software voltage monitoring but that is a fair bit more. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Can you post a screen shot of your overclock settings, a small rise above the set voltage is not uncommon due to inaccuracies in software voltage monitoring but that is a fair bit more. 

I attached my OC screenshots

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

10900k 5.0ghz OC | ASUS Strix Z490 | NVIDIA 4090 FE | 4x16GB Corsair Vengeance PRO (3200MHz)

8 minutes ago, xovague said:

I attached my OC screenshots

-PIC-

That's really odd that looks alright to me, another way is to do it with addition turbo on auto and using just the offset voltage. Try reseting the CMOS to make sure it's not just stuck in default mode even though it's setup as adaptive and check the BIOS so it's up to date, I'm not 100% sure why that would be occurring. 

27 minutes ago, W-L said:

That's really odd that looks alright to me, another way is to do it with addition turbo on auto and using just the offset voltage. Try reseting the CMOS to make sure it's not just stuck in default mode even though it's setup as adaptive and check the BIOS so it's up to date, I'm not 100% sure why that would be occurring. 

Have you heard of that way working with using the offset instead of turbo?

13 minutes ago, xovague said:

Have you heard of that way working with using the offset instead of turbo?

Yes it works the same from my understanding I've done it one a few systems before without issue. Try putting a small voltage like 0.001V instead of auto on that offset to see if that is what a causing it to jump up. 

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes it works the same from my understanding I've done it one a few systems before without issue. Try putting a small voltage like 0.001V instead of auto on that offset to see if that is what a causing it to jump up. 

Ill give that a shot and let you know what it does ill try both methods

21 minutes ago, W-L said:

Tried both methods and didn't work at all

I even tried setting the IA AC/DC to 0.01 on both and still facing the same issue

32 minutes ago, xovague said:

I even tried setting the IA AC/DC to 0.01 on both and still facing the same issue

That's really weird I don't see why it would do that as long as it's running cinebench. 

Just now, W-L said:

That's really weird I don't see why it would do that as long as it's running cinebench. 

no idea either this is annoying

Just now, xovague said:

no idea either this is annoying

If adaptive just doesn't work out you can try running in just offset mode a little less dynamic than adaptive mode but it should drop the voltage when idling to save power. 

Did reseting the CMOs not help earlier? 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

If adaptive just doesn't work out you can try running in just offset mode a little less dynamic than adaptive mode but it should drop the voltage when idling to save power. 

Did reseting the CMOs not help earlier? 

No it didn't really help, what do I set with offset mode?

2 hours ago, xovague said:

No it didn't really help, what do I set with offset mode?

It's a little simpler basically you have the base voltage and the offsetamount that is added on top of that. I haven't fabled with offset much so I didn't n't know the exact specifics. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

It's a little simpler basically you have the base voltage and the offsetamount that is added on top of that. I haven't fabled with offset much so I didn't n't know the exact specifics. 

So just input the same stuff with the offset on auto?