Recommendations for 1440P

Markmjb

Hi LTT,

so I just sold my old pc and 23 inch monitor (YAY) , so now exploring new stuff.

Background

I'm an IT student, so I'm multitasking a hell of a lot, I've got a lot of stuff to fill my desktop with. My new video card will probably be the gtx 1070. maybe the 1080. 

I do game a lot, but those games are mainly Runescape, League of Legends, Rocket League and Cities: Skylines , so not the most demanding ones. 

27 inch seems to be a good spot, not sure if I would need something bigger. 

I have considered the ASUS ROG PG279Q, but thats an monitor of €800, which would make the cost of this new build a bit more then I would like. 

Question

Do you guys have any suggestions for good 1440P screens ? Everybody on my dutch review site seem to love some DELL-monitor,  27DHDHDH or something, but every review about it says the IPS backbleed is bad on that screen. Seems dumb to invest in a screen which has a compromise on screen quality right at the start.

Or should I go 4k? What size screen are we talking about then. If I have to scale windows to 125/150% then from a productivity standpoint a 4k monitor sounds counterproductive. 

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

I personally have a 27" 1080p monitor from Samsung. I wouldn't recommend going for anything larger than this at 1080p, but 1440p at this size would be nice. If you're gonna go 4K, I would recommend finding an ultrawide you like or a 28" or larger screen. 

I got the Dell S2716DG for gaming a couple of weeks ago for a nice price. I think this is the Dell monitor you were talking about, but it's a TN panel, so it has no IPS backbleed. It's 27 inches, GSync, 144Hz, 1440p, 1ms response time, and superb quality. After some calibrations, the colors are pleasing, especially for it being a TN panel.

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

• 2 weeks later...
On 14-8-2017 at 9:01 PM, KSP said:

I got the Dell S2716DG for gaming a couple of weeks ago for a nice price. I think this is the Dell monitor you were talking about, but it's a TN panel, so it has no IPS backbleed. It's 27 inches, GSync, 144Hz, 1440p, 1ms response time, and superb quality. After some calibrations, the colors are pleasing, especially for it being a TN panel.

The monitor I was referring to was Dell Ultrasharp U2515H.

Thanks for sharing your screen here. It is like €650 when i want to spend around €350 for a monitor, and I'm not entirely sold on the TN bandwagon. 

The monitor I am probably going to buy is the BenQ PD2700Q , priced at €380 here. 1440p , IPS, excellent colors and no noticeable backlight bleed.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.