Audio Setup.

Free_rebel

Good day to you all.

I have decided to purchase HD 600's as I could get it at a good price !  I  did some research and found the JDS Labs The Element  is a good DAC/Amp that will drive my Headphones like it's meant to. 

I will be using this combo for MUSIC mainly.

Hoow efficient will it be during my gaming / movie sessions ? I did consider the Sound Blaster X7 i heard many mix opinions about the product mainly it being a jack of all trades and master of none  and also lack of support on the software to drive it.

What do you guys think ! You opinions is deeply wanted and appreciated. 

My setup :

Asus Maximus IX Hero Z270  in case youre wondering what onboard audio I have.

8 minutes ago, Majestic said:

This is gonna sound extremely boring but unless it aint loud enough (don't think it will be) or you have tons of EMI on the output, why get a DAC/AMP?

Based on my WHOLE week of research ,  it seems recommended to use such material to truly bring out the best audio out of the mid-high end headphones I'll be purchasing.

It is a newbie type of view  I have m,but I'm very new to the scene of AUDIO , I've never considered how much dept audio really has until I decided for these headphones lol.

My purpose is to have the best clearest sound at the same immersive experience when it comes to gaming**** and  movies and wow factor when  I listen to music. I decided to buy the headphones first and test it as is to see what it result to before buying any additional hardware to '' drive it '' , that being said , I've heard Soundblast X7,especially gaming immersion being really good  as it would meet the needs what im interested though people  say its overpriced for it's worth and the software is buggy. The element people just say it's amazing.

I could not say , I've been using the sennheiser 3DG4ME 1(USB) mini audio card with sennheisers PC350 Special addition.

3 minutes ago, Free_rebel said:

Based on my WHOLE week of research ,  it seems recommended to use such material to truly bring out the best audio out of the mid-high end headphones I'll be purchasing.

Sorry you wasted a week on that. Modern sources are transparent enough to not color the output of the headphones. If you're talking your old man's tubeamp, yeah sure it will affect the sound. But something like that SupremeFX on your ASUS board, that sports a set of RC4580 amps and a decent DAC, it will be just fine.

There are only a few cases where buying a seperate amp comes into play. 

- Not getting enough volume, like when you're trying to run planar headphones.

- EMI interferrence on both the front and rear audio ports. Poor EMC design can occur.

- Very low impedance headphones/IEM's that don't meet the 1/8th rule on the onboard's output impedance.

Maybe another reason, but I can't think of any other ones. 

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Sorry you wasted a week on that. Modern sources are transparent enough to not color the output of the headphones. If you're talking your old man's tubeamp, yeah sure it will affect the sound. But something like that SupremeFX on your ASUS board, that sports a set of RC4580 amps and a decent DAC, it will be just fine.

My question is , what's the point of having such equipment of that caliber and how come people seem to be blown away by the experience if you're saying the onbard audio will  do just fine delivering a good experience. I'm trying to get the best experience year round !!!! 

Also , will the HD600 be decent enough taking the audio when it c omes to gaming , such The Witcher 3 , FF XIV , GTA IV etc.... ?

Just now, Free_rebel said:

My question is , what's the point of having such equipment of that caliber and how come people seem to be blown away by the experience if you're saying the onbard audio will  do just fine delivering a good experience. I'm trying to get the best experience year round !!!! 

Also , will the HD600 be decent enough taking the audio when it c omes to gaming , such The Witcher 3 , FF XIV , GTA IV etc.... ?

As for the first bit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias

Not sure what you mean?

As for the first bit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias

Not sure what you mean?

Lmao , I'm a psych Major funny you given me that link.

When I researched the HD 600's often times people would advice people to get dac/amp or soundboard of some type to power them like they're meant to. As if the headphones themselves weren't enough. Hence why I wanted to purchase such materials.

If you're telling me that HD 600's paired with my on board audio will be just fine. Then why are people saying quality of the headphone of that are better with extra material in comparison to primary source from an board audio?

Last question : Will the HD 600's headphone be a good for immersive gaming such as  The Witcher 3 or GTA IV  ?

Funny you give me that link ! I'm a psych major I know all about that.

I never made a final decision I'm just gathering Intel seeing what most common answer is and then asking on forums  to have experienced people give me they're opinion

Yeah well, most shrinks are patients themselves.

Yes, you can find a plethora of subjective opinions on the internet to confirm that theory. Which is called https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Doesn't make it objectively true.

I already answered that, they've bought into that line of thinking either financially or mentally. If you pressure people on this you will find a lot of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance 

As opposed to? I'm sure they will be fine. They're open-backed headphones which should provide plenty of immersion and soundstage.

Just gave you a few extra, but it's funny how you supposedly know all about it, yet can't recognize it on yourself. A little bit of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection perhaps? : ')

Glad you did, plenty of people fall for the snake oil these audiofiles put out. Can't say with honesty I never fell for it at times, but I luckily found the error of my ways way before I spent any real money on it.

6 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Yeah well, most shrinks are patients themselves.

Yes, you can find a plethora of subjective opinions on the internet to confirm that theory. Which is called https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I already answered that, they've bought into that line of thinking either financially or mentally. If you pressure people on this you will find a lot of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance 

As opposed to? I'm sure they will be fine. They're open-backed headphones which should provide plenty of immersion and soundstage.

Just gave you a few extra. 

Glad you did, plenty of people fall for the snake oil these audiofiles put out. Can't say with honesty I never fell for it at times, but I luckily found the error of my ways way before I spent any real money on it.

Yeah, especially me being a simple consumer and not have the trained ear to differentiate sound , It's pointless. So i'll buy those classic HD 600's and use them extensively!!!'

Thank you very much for the information.

Most therapists end up having another shrink because when you harbor other people demon's it weights in your mental capacity , it's draining. And all life it always easier to have s someone you talk to about yourself and your problems to weight off the pressure !  Like I say how are you going to deal to teach people to face they're demons if you haven't conquered or faced your own.

7 minutes ago, Free_rebel said:

Yeah, especially me being a simple consumer and not have the trained ear to differentiate sound , It's pointless. So i'll buy those classic HD 600's and use them extensively!!!'

Even with my 13-23khz soundrange (which is well above ideal), this still mostly boils down to your brain fucking with you. If you start focussing on things, you might perceive to hear something that was probably already there. SSL has a nice link in his signature.

I got a seperate setup because of EMI issues on my ITX setup (everything is cramped), and K612's which are suprisingly hard to drive (aswell as my P7's requiring 22/8 = <3 ohm of output impedance). I can't hear any real difference between my phone, PC onboard or DAC in terms of sound signature or sound quality. I've never done an ABX test, but i'm sure i'd fail it. 

Even with my 13-23khz soundrange (which is well above ideal), this still mostly boils down to your brain fucking with you. If you start focussing on things, you might perceive to hear something that was probably already there. SSL has a nice link in his signature.

I got a seperate setup because of EMI issues on my ITX setup (everything is cramped), and K612's which are suprisingly hard to drive. I can't hear any real difference between my phone, PC onboard or DAC in terms of sound signature or sound quality. I've never done an ABX test, but i'm sure i'd fail it. 

Well My case insider is pretty simple.

Phantek enthoo eolv ATX case

Asus maximus IX Hero

GTX 1080ti

X62 Kraken

2 ram sticks 

Cables are well knit and behind the case 

With 140 mm fans 2 top 4 front with the radiator +1 exaust.

I can say when I plugged the sennheiser mic I currently have to the audio out of the Mobo the sound was clear no interference *.

What convinced  me of the JDS Labs The element was this 

Yes it's a really, really good amp. But you also don't need it. 

Again what the pure purpose of that amp , Studio works / Professional editing right ?

What do you think of the X7 Sound Blaster ?

Just now, Free_rebel said:

Again what the pure purpose of that amp , Studio works / Professional editing right ?

It probably has a lower output impedance than your onboard, also delivers more power and adds (for some important) a volume knob for your audio. 

You buy audio gear mostly on specs or necessity. You should try to leave subjectivity out of the loop (no pun intented).

Just now, Majestic said:

It probably has a lower output impedance than your onboard, also delivers more power and adds (for some important) a volume knob for your audio. 

You buy audio gear mostly on specs or necessity. You should try to leave subjectivity out of the loop (no pun intented).

lol! Do you think Sound Blaster x7 paired HD 600 would improve my auditory immersion when Gaming it having Dolby?  does it justify the price ? 

I'll conclude that based on the video I'm still watching , I don't require to spend that much or any amount for that matter , the headphones are onboard audio should be perfect ! unless i get some sort of interference !