CMOS resetting itself?

Tugberk

Hello everyone. I have R6 1600 / B350M mortar system. A few days ago the power went out. After that, CMOS is resetting itself every day. There was no other electricity interruption. Thanks for your help :)

If that doesn't work, then the power supply may have been damaged from the power outage. Was the PC on a surge protector?

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

14 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

My gut is telling me the battery might've went bad for some reason. But a power outage shouldn't have caused that.

If it's cheap enough for you, I'd try replacing the battery first.

I will try this as soon as possible.

12 minutes ago, MysticalRainXIV said:

If that doesn't work, then the power supply may have been damaged from the power outage. Was the PC on a surge protector?

I hope, this will solve the problem. I have Seasonic S12ii-620.

No there isn't surge protection. Also afterwards, the power went on and went out quickly (so sorry for bad english :( ). Maybe it was because of it.

Having the power come on and off quickly(a brown out) is more dangerous to a PC than a total loss of power that lasts for a while. This has the potential to damage the power supply and other components in the system. Replacing the battery will help us determine whether or not you need a new power supply, motherboard, or both.

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats