Connecting home theatre system to PC

I've got an old set of speakers that I want to connect to my PC. They use 5 way binding posts so clearly I can't just plug them in. Is there a sound card that will let me use them or do I have to use a receiver? If I have to use a receiver is it possible to find one that goes in a 5.25" drive bay? The speakers in question are KEF HTS 2001.3 Satellites.

Thanks in advance!

39 minutes ago, Andre01 said:

Is there a sound card that will let me use them or do I have to use a receiver? If I have to use a receiver is it possible to find one that goes in a 5.25" drive bay

Because these are passive speakers you need an amplifier channel per speaker, so it's easiest and cheapest to use an integrated receiver. Due to the need for amplification you're looking at a proper receiver rather than just a 5.1 decoder, so not something that would fit in a 5.25'' bay.

There are many different ways to set up something like this, depending on how you want to deal with audio/video routing. The simplest way would be to use HDMI from whatever source into the receiver then the video output to the TV/screen/whatever. You can find suitable receivers (~100W per channel) new fairly cheaply, but if you don't need all the latest features (HDCP2.2/ HDMI 2.0/1 / 4k60...) you should be able to pick up something last gen for less.