Need some help

shrooode

Hello, so I've recently gotten a new computer, I built it and it has some problems running even games like CS:GO, I'm not really knowledgeable in this field so I've come to find help and salvation!

The specs -

Processor: AMD FX-8370

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3gb

Mobo: MSI 970 Gaming 

Memory: DDR3 G.Skill 8GB (2x4gb)

Harddrive: Samsung SSD 850 232GB

Backup drive: ST1500DM003-9YN 1.4 TB

I've looked into this for a while and have found some results but most weren't very useful, with the exception of the safe mode being turned off which made any gaming possible. I've heard that the CPU I have isn't very good for gaming but I'm unsure which of the CPU that is compatible with the mobo I have is best for gaming, or whether I should get a different mobo & CPU entirely to maximize results. Also, say I were to abandon the mobo which is only compatible with AMD, which mobo & CPU would be the best for me to be able to get good results on games such as borderlands 2, CS:GO, and even GTA V, which my computer finds difficult to run above 60 fps on my native resolution of 1920 x 1080

4 minutes ago, shrooode said:

Hello, so I've recently gotten a new computer, I built it and it has some problems running even games like CS:GO, I'm not really knowledgeable in this field so I've come to find help and salvation!

The specs -

Processor: AMD FX-8370

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3gb

Mobo: MSI 970 Gaming 

Memory: DDR3 G.Skill 8GB (2x4gb)

Harddrive: Samsung SSD 850 232GB

Backup drive: ST1500DM003-9YN 1.4 TB

I've looked into this for a while and have found some results but most weren't very useful, with the exception of the safe mode being turned off which made any gaming possible. I've heard that the CPU I have isn't very good for gaming but I'm unsure which of the CPU that is compatible with the mobo I have is best for gaming, or whether I should get a different mobo & CPU entirely to maximize results. Also, say I were to abandon the mobo which is only compatible with AMD, which mobo & CPU would be the best for me to be able to get good results on games such as borderlands 2, CS:GO, and even GTA V, which my computer finds difficult to run above 60 fps on my native resolution of 1920 x 1080

Your 1060 is being bottlenecked by the cpu. There is most likely nothing wrong with your motherboard, you are just running pretty old hardware. I would recommend a 7700k or 7600k depending on your budget, and whatever z270 board

| CPU Intel I7 6700K | Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero | RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 2666Mhz | GPU MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X + NZXT Kraken g12 w/ NZXT Kraken x52 | Case NZXT h440 | Storage 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 2TB Samsung 850 Evo | PSU EVGA Supernova G2 750W | Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate |

I have the same exact CPU, AMD FX8370 and have never had any problems with it although I must admit it can create some heat when busy.  I have my cpu on an Asus TUF Sabertooth FX990 3.0 motherboard along with 32 Gigs of Corsair ram and a 512Gb Samsung Evo Pro SSD.  Have my cpu clocked at 4.7GHz. right now and it works great.

I only play one game, World of Warcraft, so I can't vouch for the other games but I don't have any problems there either.  With that CPU, just got to make sure that it stays cool, I am replacing the stock cooler with an AIO this coming week as soon as it shows up in the mail.  This cpu can create some heat.

1 minute ago, LeviBW said:

Your 1060 is being bottlenecked by the cpu. There is most likely nothing wrong with your motherboard, you are just running pretty old hardware. I would recommend a 7700k or 7600k depending on your budget, and whatever z270 board

7600k which is a little more expensive than R5 1600 + ASUS prime b350 mobo

Might get better fps than the 1600 but games are being optimized for more cores. Also alot of games nowdays can use more than 4 threads

+ the 1600 has a lot more multi taking potential if you wont to do anything in the future

I whould go with 1600

7700k is too expensive better save money for a better gpu latter on

39 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

7600k which is a little more expensive than R5 1600 + ASUS prime b350 mobo

Might get better fps than the 1600 but games are being optimized for more cores. Also alot of games nowdays can use more than 4 threads

+ the 1600 has a lot more multi taking potential if you wont to do anything in the future

I whould go with 1600

7700k is too expensive better save money for a better gpu latter on

even as he claimed he was pretty new at this, he's not going to be overclocking so he doesn't need to pay the premium for an overclockable cpu. Id advise the 15 7500, with a B150 mobo