About ram compatibility

I'm very noob when it comes to ram.I'm thinking of getting this:Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-3000MHz (CMK8GX4M2B3000C15) for my Ryzen 5 1600 on a Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 (rev 1.0).I downloaded a list with a bunch of ram models but didn't find this one.Does that mean that if I buy this it won't work?

Just about any DDR4 will work but to be sure about what will work, stick to ram that is listed on the motherboards Quality Vendors List (QVL).  Ram listed on the QVL has been tested with that board to ensure compatibility.

6 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Just about any DDR4 will work but to be sure about what will work, stick to ram that is listed on the motherboards Quality Vendors List (QVL).  Ram listed on the QVL has been tested with that board to ensure compatibility.

I found the qvl for the Gigabyte Ab350-Gaming 3,look at the ddr4 3000mhz and for corsair there are only 2 and both are 4gb but buying a 8gb kit is like buying 2 4gb sticks.Thanks for the help.Now I just gotta see if they run at 2933Mhz or at 2666Mhz when I get them.

I just bought some Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4-3000 CMK16GX4M1B3000C15 and it is compatible with ryzen. It also wasn't on the 'official' supported list, but still worked.

In contrast, the Crucial 8GB DDR4 that I had in it before wasn't compatible and spat many different errors.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Read the guide in my signatue

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2017 at 6:21 AM, Imbellis said:

I just bought some Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4-3000 CMK16GX4M1B3000C15 and it is compatible with ryzen. It also wasn't on the 'official' supported list, but still worked.

In contrast, the Crucial 8GB DDR4 that I had in it before wasn't compatible and spat many different errors.

I just purchased this RAM and was kinda worried about compatibility. Your reply here gives me some relief. Can you share the timings and voltage you're running it on?

37 minutes ago, Sir_Grey said:

I just purchased this RAM and was kinda worried about compatibility. Your reply here gives me some relief. Can you share the timings and voltage you're running it on?

I've used "ryzen master" to adjust timings, but I haven't changed much from the original timings. Currently it's at 16-17-34-17-17 @ 2933.

Your ram speed also greatly depends on your motherboard. Rymem.vraith.com may help.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

20 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

I've used "ryzen master" to adjust timings, but I haven't changed much from the original timings. Currently it's at 16-17-34-17-17 @ 2933.

Your ram speed also greatly depends on your motherboard. Rymem.vraith.com may help.

Yes I understand that I might not get similar results as yours. Thanks for the link! Seems useful!