beginner to painting

EPICSNIPER145

hello i just signed up and i was wondering what is a good cheap beginner airbrush and i have this compressor could i use it. i would like to be able to buy it from a store but if i need to i can buy it online. i would like to spend at little as possible. i would be using the airbrush for anything from art in general to painting xbox 360 controllers, and cases and stuff like that. what paint sticks to plastic and what else do i need http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/1/CompressorsAirTools/Compressors/PRD~0587949P/MotoMaster+5-Gallon+Twin-stack+Air+Compressor.jsp?locale=en that is my compressor

there's more work to it than buying the right paint and applying it, you need to mask off areas you dont wont paint to touch and you need to scorch-bright where you do want paint to stick and clean with turps before applying paint, there are different ways to paint meaning application methods also if you have never done it at all before most likely you would wreck more controllers and xbox's than you would hope to waste learning to paint. controllers can be done with aerosol cans that are designed to stick to plastic better

CPU: i7 3770k 4.5ghz M/Board: Sabertooth Z77 GPU: Asus Gtx 560 Direct CUii OC RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Veangance PSU: Corsair CX600 Cooler: Custome Water Loop With Gentle typhoon 1850rpm fan, Single 120mm Rad, XSPC Raystorm CPU Block

Sniper, I just signed up too, and I know that painting metal is harder than painting plastic, due to the texture etc. As for the airbrush I have no idea at all, maybe ask around local hardware stores, or respray garages they might be able to tell you (I'm from England so I wouldn't have a clue about over there) Maybe you can rent one or even ask a guy to do it for you, ask some of your friends if they know anyone who sprays cars, because they'll spray a case no problem. I'm pretty sure all paints stuck to plastic, but first all you are gonna need to strip off the old paint even on metal, sand it down a little to make the paint stay on better. If you are dead set on doing this yourself check out some modders youtube channels, one that comes to mind is MonsterMawd they don't do alot but they do some pretty sweet builds. Might give you some ideas, I know about a year ago they did some tutorial stuff so maybe they have a painting guide on that.