Range Extenders...

Soarinex
Go to solution Solved by LeviBW,

No, it doesnt matter what the name is, unless your router/access point has a built in seamless hand off feature your device will stay on one network until it fully loses signal and disconnects and then it will try to connect to a different network

I use the average range extender but I have a question... If I name the range extender the same SSID and WPA2 password if the device is closer the the extender than the router will the device switch? I have horrible signal in parts of my house and need this to work.

No, it doesnt matter what the name is, unless your router/access point has a built in seamless hand off feature your device will stay on one network until it fully loses signal and disconnects and then it will try to connect to a different network

| CPU Intel I7 6700K | Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero | RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 2666Mhz | GPU MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X + NZXT Kraken g12 w/ NZXT Kraken x52 | Case NZXT h440 | Storage 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 2TB Samsung 850 Evo | PSU EVGA Supernova G2 750W | Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate |