Dell's Repair Service is Literally Terrible

I sent in my Alienware 13 R3 for a simple keyboard repair on the 16th of July...

-It took Dell FIVE BUSINESS DAYS from the moment of receiving it, to starting the repair...

-After SIX BUSINESS DAYS of "repairing" (It's a FREAKING 30 MINUTE KEYBOARD REPLACEMENT) the machine, they placed a "Billing hold" on my repair and put it on hold.

-I called them to ask what the heck was up, since I had already paid for the out of warranty repair of the keyboard, and after an hour on the phone, they realized that the technicians "found something wrong with the battery" and logged it as

also "accidental damage". They realized based on the fact I had never disassembled the notebook past the upgrade panel, that the battery was indeed under warranty. They said they would remove the hold.

-After ANOTHER WHOLE BUSINESS DAY, the repair process finally "resumed"

-AFTER ANOTHER WHOLE BUSINESS DAY, ANOTHER HOLD WAS PLACED ON THE REPAIR FOR A PART BACKLOG ISSUE. (Unspecific, they either don't have the keyboard they need, or the battery they need)

-IT TOOK THEM SEVEN BUSINESS DAYS TO REALIZE THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE BATTERY, AND NINE BUSINESS DAYS TO REALIZE THEY'RE MISSING PARTS NECESSARY TO THE REPAIR.

Don't buy Dell products. This is without a doubt the worst support I've ever experienced. It has been over three weeks including shipping time that I have been without my notebook, for an easy repair job I could have done myself if they actually sold end user parts. They decided against that however, even though the notebook comes with a User Service Manual that walks you through replacing everything from the keyboard to the display. 

My HP Envy hinge broke after I dropped it at school, and they charged me 100 bucks to fix it. They overnighted a box to me, with an overnight return label. They fixed it in 24 hours, and sent it back to me OVERNIGHT. Three business days to fix a broken display hinge.

My Alienware 13 keyboard "B" key broke after my cat ran across it, and they charged me 161.67 to replace the WHOLE KEYBOARD. They no rush shipped me a box (3-5 days) with a no rush return label (3-5 days). It has been almost two weeks (10 business days) that they've had the machine, and they are just now finding out that they can't fix it yet, after 72 BUSINESS HOURS of it being on hold. 

0/10 DELL. 

alienwarebullshit.PNG

I've only used Dell support twice but, ultimately, had a good experience both times.

The first was when my m14x R1 had thermal issues. While the initial technician did cause more harm than good he did respond within a day of my request being submitted and Dell ultimately overnighted me a replacement laptop.

The second time my 13 R3's keyboard ribbon cable started to fail and I sent it into the depot for a replacement since there were not any parts in the local area. Dell overnighted me a shipping container and I used the included one-day shipping tag to ship it back. One day later it was on its way back and I received it the next morning.

They also replaced the hinge for free on an m11x R1 I had bought used years after the warranty had expired.

While I know there are plenty of horror stories I've had nothing but positive interactions.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM