Did I Get a Deal on the Acer Predator G3-605?

So I'm buying an Acer Predator G3-605 from a guy on Letgo later today. He said he bought it for $800 new like 4-5 years ago and that he wanted $300. I talked him down to $125 and I wanted to know if I was getting a deal. Here are the system specs: https://www.cnet.com/products/acer-predator-g3-605-e-tower-core-i5-4590-3-3-ghz-8-gb-1-tb/specs/

no gpu? seems good

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

no gpu? seems good

It has a GTX 745 4GB in it.

Just now, That_PC_Kid said:

It has a GTX 745 4GB in it.

now it looks sketchy

not bad at all. 745 is a shit card, but that's upgradable - this thing is pretty good still, lots of g3258 and similar owners would pay around $150 for the CPU alone and that's $25 profit out of the fucking gate

idk

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

now it looks sketchy

I'm gonna be testing it out before I buy it so hopefully if I find something wrong I'll just back out.

Just now, Droidbot said:

not bad at all. 745 is a shit card, but that's upgradable - this thing is pretty good still, lots of g3258 and similar owners would pay around $150 for the CPU alone and that's $25 profit out of the fucking gate

I plan on upgrading the CPU to the i7-4790 in December.

fair enough, that's what it comes with from acer. Probably upgrade that GPU if your into gaming though

Just now, hi mate said:

fair enough, that's what it comes with from acer. Probobly upgrade that GPU if your into gaming though

I'm planning on upgrading the GPU to a 1060 6GB that a friend is selling me once he gets Vega. He's selling it for $200 which is a steal considering he just bought it.

2 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

I'm planning on upgrading the GPU to a 1060 6GB that a friend is selling me once he gets Vega. He's selling it for $200 which is a steal considering he just bought it.

sounds nice, might be a bit overpowered for you other components but there is nothing wrong with that. Especially if you upgrade the rest of the system in a year or two

1 minute ago, hi mate said:

sounds nice, might be a bit overpowered for you other components but there is nothing wrong with that. Especially if you upgrade the rest of the system in a year or two

I also plan on upgrading the CPU to the i7-4790 in December and adding another 8GB of RAM soon. 

Just now, That_PC_Kid said:

I also plan on upgrading the CPU to the i7-4790 in December and adding another 8GB of RAM soon. 

good idea, try out an ssd if you can splurge for it. really helps you game load times, if you like getting vehicles in battlefield they are great

1 minute ago, hi mate said:

good idea, try out an ssd if you can splurge for it. really helps you game load times, if you like getting vehicles in battlefield they are great

Yeah, I plan on getting a HyperX Fury SSD from Kingston. I also plan on getting a 3TB HDD from Seagate. I'm gonna sell the old HDD once I migrate the OS to the SSD.