New to group looking for a laptop.

Looking for a starter computer that would last me don't need it for college and I mainly want it for jumping into raspery pi and arduino i want to start learning code i haven't bought a computer since 2008 so not sure what to get. I've tried watching as many tech tips from Linus on my phone as I can to familiarize my self with the newer technology. Anyways I've come across the attached laptop it's an hp 15t with core i7 7500u procecer 12gb of ram and 2 Gb Graphics card is this too much for what I need? 

Screenshot_20170803-184238.thumb.jpg.e25ed5e889b0df04dacc7501b3f5593e.jpgs card. My question is

It's nice already though (although dunno if overkill, depends of your usage) if you just want for code, and actually laptop with i7, 12 GB RAM and touchscreen for 700 bucks?

Dang should wait for it.

Or you could do like mine. Got a i5-7200U and 8 GB of RAM and it's more than enough for my needs for video editing.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

1 hour ago, dhannemon13 said:

It's nice already though (although dunno if overkill, depends of your usage) if you just want for code, and actually laptop with i7, 12 GB RAM and touchscreen for 700 bucks?

Dang should wait for it.

Or you could do like mine. Got a i5-7200U and 8 GB of RAM and it's more than enough for my needs for video editing.

So is that a good deal? I also plan on streaming to my tv with it. I've seen a few other for 550 when I search for laptops with i7s 12gb ram and 1tb storage. But haven't found any with the graphics card. 

I think it's a (really) good deal. You could even oo a nice gaming on that laptop either.

If the laptop got some add-on slot like the M.2 SSD slot, get use of it. Or as I see, that's a DVD that if you won't use, you can use HDD caddy (if it fits, depends of the size either) and use SSD with it, if you want to.

And for the stream to the TV, what will you use to stream? HDMI? Or something else?

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

7 hours ago, dhannemon13 said:

I think it's a (really) good deal. You could even oo a nice gaming on that laptop either.

If the laptop got some add-on slot like the M.2 SSD slot, get use of it. Or as I see, that's a DVD that if you won't use, you can use HDD caddy (if it fits, depends of the size either) and use SSD with it, if you want to.

And for the stream to the TV, what will you use to stream? HDMI? Or something else?

I got an email on this one too now I can't decide.

Screenshot_20170804-063322.jpg