How do you drain with a t-line?

Hikaru12

Maybe I'm just dense or don't understand WC at all but how exactly would I drain a loop with a T-Line? I don't really understand how they work. For example, I'm looking at this drain valve from Koolance: http://koolance.com/vlv-xutx4b-drain-valve-brass and it looks like when you screw it shut  the water just passes through normally but when you unscrew it then you can use that to drain the loop. How susceptible are t-lines to leaks? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything so I don't get a nice watery surprise!

For reference my loop is going to look like rez - > pump1 -> pump2 -> 2 GPU's in parallel -> cpu - > rad1 -> rad2 - > rez. I was thinking about throwing the t line after the pumps which appears to be the lowest level.

Thanks in advance!

I would go for a manifold instead of a T-line. It is almost impossible for them to leak (just like a t-line). The only place they can leak is at the fitting. It is a single block of metal with a hole in the middle and G1/4 thread on each/some sides. Most of the holes are blocked off by blanking plugs and you can screw your fittings into two opposite sides.When you want to drain your loop simply unscrew a blanking plug and the water will drain out of the hole.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Do you know where I can buy the manifold? I haven't had much luck finding it through a Google search.

Phobya, XSPC, Bitspower, Swiftech and Alphacool make them too.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

of course they do, everyone does, but he couldn't find them, but had found the koolance website so just told him where to find them there.