MacOS and Windows 10 Unactivated Bootcamp Dissappeared

Hello! This is my first time here. Anyways a while ago I decided to perform a bootcamp on my macbook pro with windows 10 downloaded from microsoft's website. I have heard online from various sources that running windows 10 unactivated has really no limitations besides the watermark and personalization. Last night, windows said there was a problem and it needed to shut down. Afterwards, both windows 10 and macOS disappeared. Luckily I didn't have anything useful stored on it. My questions are: Is this because of unactivated windows 10? Why can it remove macOS as well? It might be unlikely, but is it a hard drive problem? If I bootcamp again but buy a key, what are the chances of this happening again? Thank you for any input!

that sounds more like a drive problem if you can reinstall the mac os and ck the drive

Well, unactivated windows 10 only allows you to use windows for a certain amount of time. So you might have purchase a windows 10 product key in order to activate it.

41 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

Well, unactivated windows 10 only allows you to use windows for a certain amount of time. So you might have purchase a windows 10 product key in order to activate it.

This is not correct. OP is correct in his listed limitations of unactivated Windows 10. 

Running Arch with i3-gaps on a Thinkpad X1 Extreme
Data Science Postgrad

Yes it was a hardware issue in the end. Apparently either the harddrive connector broke or something closer to the motherboard.