Is it worth it to return my 200R and get a FD Arc Midi R2?

Bluethulhu

I just ordered an HTPC including a Corsair 200R for $50. I just recently saw that Newegg is selling the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 for the same price. I could either take the 200R, or return it (and pay shipping costs) to get an Arc Midi. I'm just going to be using a Celeron G1620 and some 2.5" and 3.5" drives in the machine, no graphics card/aftermarket cooling. Is it worth it or should I keep the 200R?

Spoiler

I would just keep it personally its not like its a bad case.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Just went out of stock, guess I'm keeping the 200R after all  <_<

Spoiler

I just ordered an HTPC including a Corsair 200R for $50. I just recently saw that Newegg is selling the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 for the same price. I could either take the 200R, or return it (and pay shipping costs) to get an Arc Midi. I'm just going to be using a Celeron G1620 and some 2.5" and 3.5" drives in the machine, no graphics card/aftermarket cooling. Is it worth it or should I keep the 200R?

I built my son's PC using the 200R...great "mid" tower case.  A little cramped for my taste but I was able to get in all the components and cable management was not an issue.  He loves it and should last until he gets the "full tower" bug....good choice :)

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

I built my son's PC using the 200R...great "mid" tower case. A little cramped for my taste but I was able to get in all the components and cable management was not an issue. He loves it and should last until he gets the "full tower" bug....good choice :)

I'm going to be putting a MATX board in there anyway. My only concern about it was the drive support, I'm most likely going to fill it with 3.5 drives for network storage.

Spoiler

I'm going to be putting a MATX board in there anyway. My only concern about it was the drive support, I'm most likely going to fill it with 3.5 drives for network storage.

Yeah...it will natively hold four 3.5 drives...still a fine case for a build.

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

I just bought an Arc Midi R2 and after seeing the craftsmanship of the case all I can say is WOW. This case is great the power coat is flawless, its got a lot of space, and tons of water cooling options I am so pleased with it. The build quality of this case beats the Corsair Air 540 that I have and gives my 600T a run for its money and will take its place.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1