GUIMiner crashes on startup

On my mining computer I try to run guiminer and it fails to start up properly. It appears then goes away. Anyone know possible solutions? Thanks.

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

On my mining computer I try to run guiminer and it fails to start up properly. It appears then goes away. Anyone know possible solutions? Thanks.

Try this :)

• Go to this directory C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\poclbm
  • Delete poclbm.ini
  • Start GUI Miner
This will remove all saved settings for GUI Miner so take a backup of poclbm.ini first.
Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

Try this :)

• Go to this directory C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\poclbm
  • Delete poclbm.ini
  • Start GUI Miner
This will remove all saved settings for GUI Miner so take a backup of poclbm.ini first.

Same thing still happens. It didn't even make a new ini file. 

† TTCF Member †

Same thing still happens. It didn't even make a new ini file.

Weird, I had the same problem as you described but it was GUI Miner with scrypt and i fixed it by deleting the ini file.

Try downloading GUI Miner again and restart your computer :P

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

The file you should look to delete would be a .BIN file located in the folder of your specific miner, most likely CGminer. In guiminer you can select which miner to use when adding a new worker, I suggest using CGminer.

It might also be easier to use CGminer directly https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0 Setting up a batch file or config is fairly straight forward and a good learning experience when you want to change settings in the future.  Guiminer is fairly limited and "hides" a lot of the settings to make it easier to use.

When CGminer crashes right away when you start it, the issue is usually a poor .bin starting file, everytime you try to re-launch it, it will try slightly different settings until eventually one works. At which point you should make a config file by going through the settings then write. Pressing "S" "W" "Enter" should be all you need to make a cgminer.conf file containing the exact settings used. you can open it with notepad to view and change settings.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

The file you should look to delete would be a .BIN file located in the folder of your specific miner, most likely CGminer. In guiminer you can select which miner to use when adding a new worker, I suggest using CGminer.

It might also be easier to use CGminer directly https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0 Setting up a batch file or config is fairly straight forward and a good learning experience when you want to change settings in the future.  Guiminer is fairly limited and "hides" a lot of the settings to make it easier to use.

When CGminer crashes right away when you start it, the issue is usually a poor .bin starting file, everytime you try to re-launch it, it will try slightly different settings until eventually one works. At which point you should make a config file by going through the settings then write. Pressing "S" "W" "Enter" should be all you need to make a cgminer.conf file containing the exact settings used. you can open it with notepad to view and change settings.

Would the batch file be the same as one used to run cudaminer?

† TTCF Member †

A batch file is a way to open a program with various settings already entered. You input various settings such as selecting mining algorithm, intensity, pool url and port, worker login, and any other flags for specific settings.

CGminer and Cudaminer are different. I have never used Cudaminer so I'm not much help with it. You will need to look up the batch file settings for cudaminer as they likely differ to setting it up for amd and Cgminer.

Making a batch file is as simple as creating a new text document, entering your settings then saving it as a ".bat" file.

This is an example of a CGminer batch file. This one in particular sets the colour theme, then checks if cgminer is running, if it is it closes it. Allows full access to GPU then moves to the foldder where CGminer is located. It then launches cgminer with the specified settings.

color 0Ataskkill /f /im "cgminer.exe"setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1CD "<location you place folder containing cgminer.exe>"cgminer.exe --scrypt --thread-concurrency 3200 -g 1 -I 18 -o <pool url:port> -u <worker username> -p <worker password>

Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

A batch file is a way to open a program with various settings already entered. You input various settings such as selecting mining algorithm, intensity, pool url and port, worker login, and any other flags for specific settings.

CGminer and Cudaminer are different. I have never used Cudaminer so I'm not much help with it. You will need to look up the batch file settings for cudaminer as they likely differ to setting it up for amd and Cgminer.

Making a batch file is as simple as creating a new text document, entering your settings then saving it as a ".bat" file.

This is an example of a CGminer batch file. This one in particular sets the colour theme, then checks if cgminer is running, if it is it closes it. Allows full access to GPU then moves to the foldder where CGminer is located. It then launches cgminer with the specified settings.

color 0Ataskkill /f /im "cgminer.exe"setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1CD "<location you place folder containing cgminer.exe>"cgminer.exe --scrypt --thread-concurrency 3200 -g 1 -I 18 -o <pool url:port> -u <worker username> -p <worker password>

I've got cgminer working and I adjusted settings just through the program. However, it says Stratum block detected and all, but it shows a mh/s of 0. And isn't displaying shares. 

† TTCF Member †

I've got cgminer working and I adjusted settings just through the program. However, it says Stratum block detected and all, but it shows a mh/s of 0. And isn't displaying shares. 

What GPU are you running? Try one of the settings from here https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison