New Laptop Keyboard Not Working

Go to solution Solved by themctipers,
Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

return what? I had a laptop from HP that I upgraded to Win10 while it was 8.1 (the free upgrade thingy) then decided it was bit buggy, rolled back to win8 then got win10 again but now on dual boot and somehow manage to get 2 windows activated and then afterr a while decided to reinstall windows to clean up so now got only win10

i requested an RMA a while ago while still under warranty for faulty keyboard and everything went smooth

return the laptop back to staples, I have 14 days to test out two laptops and to see which one is better for my usage. 

I have actually found out how to fix it, I asked Cortana to turn on screen keyboard and she uselessly opened up a edge tab with a bing search of it. I tried to do the instructions, and I found this thing called filter keys.

Why is that a thing? Disabled it and it is working perfectly fine again.

Just got an ASUS UX330CA. During the setup, the keyboard worked. But in windows, the keyboard doesn't work anymore.

I have tried using an external keyboard, no luck.

I have tried rebooting (twice), no luck.

FN + Keyboard brightness up and down works, anything else doesn't.

It literally just worked about 10 minutes ago.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

reinstall windows? 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

reinstall windows? 

No.. That'll kill my return I believe :( 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

No.. That'll kill my return I believe :( 

return what? I had a laptop from HP that I upgraded to Win10 while it was 8.1 (the free upgrade thingy) then decided it was bit buggy, rolled back to win8 then got win10 again but now on dual boot and somehow manage to get 2 windows activated and then afterr a while decided to reinstall windows to clean up so now got only win10

i requested an RMA a while ago while still under warranty for faulty keyboard and everything went smooth

return the laptop back to staples, I have 14 days to test out two laptops and to see which one is better for my usage. 

I have actually found out how to fix it, I asked Cortana to turn on screen keyboard and she uselessly opened up a edge tab with a bing search of it. I tried to do the instructions, and I found this thing called filter keys.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

is this another 'writing a 5 mins post and solves it 5 mins later' post?

is this another 'writing a 5 mins post and solves it 5 mins later' post?

yes!

why is that a damn 'feature' if it filters out every keyboard stroke from everything?!

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

yes!

why is that a damn 'feature' if it filters out every keyboard stroke from everything?!

i wonder what happens if you spend 5 mins fixing/finding solution to the problem then you woulnd't have to make this post at all and it would have saved you 5 mins in total plus some extra minutes for you to do other thing than replying to me

i wonder what happens if you spend 5 mins fixing/finding solution to the problem then you woulnd't have to make this post at all and it would have saved you 5 mins in total plus some extra minutes for you to do other thing than replying to me

someone googling about this problem in the future and this helps resolve it?

cant tell you how many times i have done that and found a old thread from 2013/2014/2015 on LTT that fixes my issue .. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.