Ram compatability

So i am doing tech support for a bissnes near me and their previews tech guy put two completely different ram sticks in together so i am wondering if i can just buy the same exact model of one of the sticks to bring it from 4 gb to 8 or if i need to buy a new ram set

Are you looking to buy the exact brand and type of RAM you already have in your machine? If so, then it's fine. If not, then try to find out what type of RAM you have (DDR3 or 4 is what you'd normally find unless if you're into older stuff -  and what speed it's at then purchase RAM of that type and speed.

Just now, ArtoriaPendragon said:

Are you looking to buy the exact brand and type of RAM you already have in your machine? If so, then it's fine. If not, then try to find out what type of RAM you have (DDR3 or 4 is what you'd normally find unless if you're into older stuff_ and what speed it's at then purchase RAM of that type and speed.

I have one stick of Adata DDR3 4GB 1333 mghz and one kingstod DDR3 stick of i think 4gb at 1151 mghz i cant tell do you think it would be better to buy new stuff or buy somthing to match one price wise and compatability wise

So you have the Adata and Kingston in the machine at the moment, correct? 

Technically you can run RAM that has different speeds together but I have never tried it and from what I've read before, I wouldn't recommend it since RAM is a bit finicky at times and one of them could just decide "I don't like you" to the other stick. It should just underclock the faster one to match the slower one though.

2 minutes ago, ArtoriaPendragon said:

So you have the Adata and Kingston in the machine at the moment, correct? 

Technically you can run RAM that has different speeds together but I have never tried it and from what I've read before, I wouldn't recommend it. 

yea they arnt working for me

Just now, DodgeRAM said:

yea they arnt working for me

Do they work independent of each other? Like, does the adata work by itself and the Kingston by itself?

I've got to go so I'll leave you with this message.

Whichever RAM stick works (or whichever one you like better if they both work), look it up on the internet and buy the exact model. You should not have any issues with compatibility then.

If you decide to go the new route you should be able to find a pack of Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 on Amazon for a decent price.

Hello does anyone know if the Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit, is compatible with the ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 Motherboard?

3 hours ago, DeadDrop said:

Hello does anyone know if the Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit, is compatible with the ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 Motherboard?

ASUS' page says the mobo supports DDR4 3333 (OC) support so yeah, it'll work just fine.