Is this laptop good? ASUS VivoBook X541UA-SB51-CB

I just want to know this:

- Does it use AC wifi

- Is the battery good, or at least removable?

- Is it upgradable (RAM and SSD, wifi card if possible)

- How's the build quality?

- How's the trackpad? 

- How's the keyboard? 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

35 minutes ago, themctipers said:

I just want to know this:

- Does it use AC wifi

- Is the battery good, or at least removable?

- Is it upgradable (RAM and SSD, wifi card if possible)

- How's the build quality?

- How's the trackpad? 

- How's the keyboard? 

1. no only 802.11b/g/n 
  2. around 5.5 hours of general use, depending on who you ask. battery is removable
  3. it is possible butt it requires a full teardown. the keyboard lifts off to access the inside but then have to remove the mainboard as everything else (apart from wifi card) is under it
  4. very pastic-y
  5. didn't use it.
  6. a fairly standard laptop keyboard, nothing outstanding but also not terrible.

1 and 2 are from reviews, 3-6 are from when a co-worker wanted me to look at theirs as they were having issues (just needed to replace the HDD as they dropped it while it was running). they had the X541SA but uses the same chassis.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Sierra Fox said:
  1. no only 802.11b/g/n 
  2. around 5.5 hours of general use, depending on who you ask. battery is removable
  3. it is possible butt it requires a full teardown. the keyboard lifts off to access the inside but then have to remove the mainboard as everything else (apart from wifi card) is under it
  4. very pastic-y
  5. didn't use it.
  6. a fairly standard laptop keyboard, nothing outstanding but also not terrible.

1 and 2 are from reviews, 3-6 are from when a co-worker wanted me to look at theirs as they were having issues (just needed to replace the HDD as they dropped it while it was running). they had the X541SA but uses the same chassis.

Tough choice for me between this one and the UX330CA

Just fucking around on the internet like a chromebook for me, and maybe some terraria. That's it. Will probably try to dual boot with lubuntu. 

you do get IPS, a Microsoft precision touchpad and a pretty good battery and AC, but lower CPU spec, smaller display, loss of a numpad and loss of $200 

probably this one though.. At $650 CAD it's worth it IMO (used thinkpads are like ~$550 because USD -> CAD, shipping and border tax)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.