Building a Computer for my Dad

Hey guys, im in the U.S and building a PC for my dad's birthday. Right now he has a really old PC that was built in 2010. My budget is 600$ for him. I have a case for him, a HHD, an optical drive, WiFi adapter, and a CPU cooler, and case fans I also have a 450 watt PSU but depending on what parts I get I might need to get a bigger one. I need everything else, I would pick the parts for him but I only know some about gaming PC parts and not a lot about business computers. He dose a lot of label printing, website multitasking (so maybe a lot of RAM), website editing, and he plays Farming Simulator 2017, and Sim City 5 occasionally. Your guys suggestions would be greatly appreciated, the parts don't have to look a certain way there is no tempered glass window. Thank you for reading!     

Just go with a pentium and 1050ti i reckon, only rly needs 8gb of ram, hopefully can get an SSD to go with it :P

Just now, DisguisedDemise said:

Just go with a pentium and 1050ti i reckon, only rly needs 8gb of ram, hopefully can get an SSD to go with it :P

I was thinking something like that, but I thought more ram would help with multitasking on the internet or am I wrong?

5 minutes ago, TheRedEyedTerror said:

I was thinking something like that, but I thought more ram would help with multitasking on the internet or am I wrong?

To be honest, I have a 4GB system with a Pentinum and a GTX 750ti as a fallback should my main system fail. that runs multitasking with MANY windows open some 4k streaming and... *cough.... videos playing :) and it runs fine.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

4 minutes ago, TheRedEyedTerror said:

8gb is more than enough, unless your dad is using 100+ tabs with chrome. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

8gb is more than enough, unless your dad is using 100+ tabs with chrome. 

1 minute ago, liamdoyle27 said:

To be honest, I have a 4GB system with a Pentinum and a GTX 750ti as a fallback should my main system fail. that runs multitasking with MANY windows open some 4k streaming and... *cough.... videos playing :) and it runs fine.

Oh I never knew that thanks.

1 hour ago, TheRedEyedTerror said:

Hey guys, im in the U.S and building a PC for my dad's birthday. Right now he has a really old PC that was built in 2010. My budget is 600$ for him. I have a case for him, a HHD, an optical drive, WiFi adapter, and a CPU cooler, and case fans I also have a 450 watt PSU but depending on what parts I get I might need to get a bigger one. I need everything else, I would pick the parts for him but I only know some about gaming PC parts and not a lot about business computers. He dose a lot of label printing, website multitasking (so maybe a lot of RAM), website editing, and he plays Farming Simulator 2017, and Sim City 5 occasionally. Your guys suggestions would be greatly appreciated, the parts don't have to look a certain way there is no tempered glass window. Thank you for reading!     

A 450W psu is more than enough. No need to use the hdd unless he needs a great deal of storage. The cpu comes with a cpu cooler.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($188.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B250M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($65.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($59.92 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($159.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($109.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $584.66
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-13 16:19 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.