Single Key Lightning

Loopios7

Hey Guys,

I have a Razer Deathstalker Chroma and I want to light up single keys, I know it has only 3 lightning zones but in some games there are only some keys in an other color becuase of the chroma apps function so it is not a hardware limitation.

My question is if there are any programms to change single keys because they count as chroma apps?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Loopios7 said:

but in some games there are only some keys in an other color becuase of the chroma apps

waaaaaaaaaaaait a moment, could you please explain that a bit more detailed? 

CPU Intel Core i5 4670, 3.4GHz Motherboard ASRock Z97 Pro4 RAM Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB, 1833Hz GPU AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB OC Case BeQuiet Silent Base 800 Storage Seagate ST2000DX001 SSDH  PSU BeQuiet PurePower L8, 400W Display(s) Samsung 2 x 22" Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Operating System Windows 10

23 minutes ago, cyanit said:

waaaaaaaaaaaait a moment, could you please explain that a bit more detailed? 

With Razer you can create chroma apps that control ligthning of your keyboard, this is implemented in some games. With this function in some games( for example; fractured space) the keys arent lightened in these 3 zones that you can only light different, but some inbetween are a different color.

sry I cant explain it that well in english

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 6.29.19 PM.png

Deutsch
ja, hab selber eine Razer ornata tastatur, die ich nur gekauft habe weil ich bei der deathstalker das mit den 3 zonen absolut mist fand.

Und es wäre mir völlig neu dass man die tasten individuell beleuchten kann, wie es aufdem bild oben zu sehen ist. (irgendiwe schon halb gelogen mit dem wave effect)

Was du evtl meinst ist dass man nur die tasten beleuchtet die es wirklich brauchen und andere ausläst. Das bedeutet dann aber das theoretisch (wie du bereits gesagt hast) das mit den 3 zonen nur eine software limitation ist.

Deshalb weiß ich nicht in wieweit man das umgehen könnte wenn man eine choma app programmiert, da diese ja direkt auf die razer treiber zugreift die dann evtl alles wieder auf 3 zonen herunterbrechen.

English

I've got a Razer Ornata keboard, and I didn't buy the Deathstalker because of the 3 zone limitation, that sucks.
It would be new to me that it's possible to light keys individual on this keyboard, like on the picture above (kind of false advertising?)

Maybe you mean that only keys that should be colored differently light up, and evening else just turns off.

CPU Intel Core i5 4670, 3.4GHz Motherboard ASRock Z97 Pro4 RAM Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB, 1833Hz GPU AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB OC Case BeQuiet Silent Base 800 Storage Seagate ST2000DX001 SSDH  PSU BeQuiet PurePower L8, 400W Display(s) Samsung 2 x 22" Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Operating System Windows 10

1 minute ago, cyanit said:

Deutsch
ja, hab selber eine Razer ornata tastatur, die ich nur gekauft habe weil ich bei der deathstalker das mit den 3 zonen absolut mist fand.

Und es wäre mir völlig neu dass man die tasten individuell beleuchten kann, wie es aufdem bild oben zu sehen ist. (irgendiwe schon halb gelogen mit dem wave effect)

Was du evtl meinst ist dass man nur die tasten beleuchtet die es wirklich brauchen und andere ausläst. Das bedeutet dann aber das theoretisch (wie du bereits gesagt hast) das mit den 3 zonen nur eine software limitation ist.

Deshalb weiß ich nicht in wieweit man das umgehen könnte wenn man eine choma app programmiert, da diese ja direkt auf die razer treiber zugreift die dann evtl alles wieder auf 3 zonen herunterbrechen.

English
ill edit it in soon...

I know this works in some games but i want some programm running in the background to trick the software.

1 minute ago, Loopios7 said:

I know this works in some games but i want some programm running in the background to trick the software.

this may be possible on Linux, there is a pretty active Razer driver developer scene for it. I talked to one of the developers via discord, and they always appreciate help, feedback and suggestions. Talk to them, and maybe they´ll experiment a bit. When it works on Linux, it may work on Windows too.

3 minutes ago, cyanit said:

this may be possible on Linux, there is a pretty active Razer driver developer scene for it. I talked to one of the developers via discord, and they always appreciate help, feedback and suggestions. Talk to them, and maybe they´ll experiment a bit. When it works on Linux, it may work on Windows too.

Ok thanks, could I have their contact maybe?

https://github.com/terrycain/razer-drivers/graphs/contributors

but before you contact them privately, try it on a Ubuntu or Arch distro. If it won't work, make at an open question. 

2 minutes ago, cyanit said:

https://github.com/terrycain/razer-drivers/graphs/contributors

but before you contact them privately, try it on a Ubuntu or Arch distro. If it won't work, make at an open question. 

eeh, what xD i dont get it, and yes i have linux as well on my pc but i dont understand anything i cant even launch a programm on there

1 minute ago, Loopios7 said:

eeh, what xD i dont get it, and yes i have linux as well on my pc but i dont understand anything i cant even launch a programm on there

https://github.com/terrycain/razer-drivers/blob/master/README.md#installation
pretty straigt forward. Mostly copy, paste & enter in the command line.

And with the razer commander you can test if its possible to light keys individually

if you need any help, contact me via discord. Ill send you my id

3 hours ago, Loopios7 said:

ok thanks, will test tomorrow, gtgtb

You might be able to use Aurora if Windows makes you more comfortable. 

17 hours ago, Jade said:

You might be able to use Aurora if Windows makes you more comfortable. 

Aurora won´t work, checked some forums online and apparently aurora only works with a few games with the deathstalker. But thanks tho