Windows Not Recognizing Samson Go Mic, possible driver issue

Dobbsjr

I've uninstalled the driver and restarted multiples times, but each time it says the mic is an "Unknown USB Device(Device Descriptor Request Failed)" in the device manager. Is there a way to manually install the drivers for the mic? 

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

I, too, have a Samson Go Mic. I haven't encountered this problem, though.

Samson's website does not indicate that there are any drivers supplied by them. I believe this microphone is intended to be Plug and Play hardware.

A few options you can try are:

1. Using a different USB port

2. Running the audio troubleshooter from Control Panel or the new "Troubleshoot" tab in Update & Security (Creator's Update)

3. Uninstalling the driver again, making sure to enable "Delete the driver software for this device" and restart your PC with the Samson Go Mic still plugged in.

As a side note, Windows will assume the Samson Go Mic is a headset, and try to play audio through it. It's very annoying, but I found the best way to fix it is to disable it in the Sound's "Playback" tab in Control Panel.

• 6 years later...
On 7/7/2017 at 3:14 PM, Dobbsjr said:

I've uninstalled the driver and restarted multiples times, but each time it says the mic is an "Unknown USB Device(Device Descriptor Request Failed)" in the device manager. Is there a way to manually install the drivers for the mic? 

Hello, I'm facing the same issue 6 years later. Did you fix it? Do you remember how?  :)