240mm or 280mm aio recommendations needed

I'm looking in getting a 240 mm or 280 mm AIO liquid cooler. i need some recommendations of what i should get. i have been looking at the corsair H100i, H110i, and H115i. But i want to know some opinions on these or others.

p.s. I'm looking to spend $100-$200 CAD($77-$154.01 USD).

The NZXT X61 Kraken is a good AIO, it is 280mm

PC SPECS

CPU: i5 4690k OC 4.4Ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 Strix OC 

Storage: 1TB HDD, 240GB sandisk SSD

Cooling: NZXT Kraken x61

Case: NZXT S340 elite

PSU: EVGA BQ 650W

Motherboard: Asus - B85M-G R2.0 Micro ATX

RAM: 8x2 (16Gb) Generic kingston ddr3 1600

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love that comic sans am I right?

I love to joke around,i'm not at all a professional.

I use a Kraken X61. It's an absolute beast, and the X62 can only be better. It's not the cheapest but it's also one of the best AIO's

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

The X62 is pretty much the best AIO you can buy, though the fans aren't exactly the best (they'll still get their job done but they won't be the quietest).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Kind of depends on what you want to prioritize. Do you want more bling, or are you looking for the absolute best you can find for cooling? The latter would probably imply going for maybe a slightly less bling 240 or 280 and swapping fans. Not a huge fan of the fans on most of the usual suspects (Krakens and H1XXs).

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

52 minutes ago, GalaxyGamer said:

I'm looking in getting a 240 mm or 280 mm AIO liquid cooler. i need some recommendations of what i should get. i have been looking at the corsair H100i, H110i, and H115i. But i want to know some opinions on these or others.

I have a Corsair H110i v2 with replaced HD120 RGB fans. It is great and does excellent cooling performance on an OCed Ryzen 7. Would suggest at anyone.

3 hours ago, LooneyJuice said:

Kind of depends on what you want to prioritize. Do you want more bling, or are you looking for the absolute best you can find for cooling? The latter would probably imply going for maybe a slightly less bling 240 or 280 and swapping fans. Not a huge fan of the fans on most of the usual suspects (Krakens and H1XXs).

ive thinking about getting the h110i or the h115i. the krakens look nice but are pricey.  

6 minutes ago, GalaxyGamer said:

ive thinking about getting the h110i or the h115i. the krakens look nice but are pricey.  

If you want to go all out for cooling and have some spare cash to replace fans with something decent, I'd probably recommend the Arctic Liquid Freezer 360. Even the 240 is thicker than the Krakens or the Corsairs, and the 360 is as thick as the 240 and basically costs as much (at most) as the higher end Corsair and NZXT coolers, about $120 US. AFAIK they share the same Asetek pumps etc with Corsair. The Arctic cooler comes with 6 fans too. They may not be the best, but they're quiet, and they're pretty brute-force, so they never really have to ramp up that much. All this is if you want max cooling capability for your bucks.

The disadvantages are that it comes with only a 2 year warranty as opposed to 5 and 6 for Corsair and NZXT respectively. Additionally it has no lighting. But for cooling, I really don't think you can beat either the 240 or the 360 at that price range. They're using components everyone else is as well, and they provide you with very good thermal paste (MX-4). If you want max cooling you can get for your money, I can't justify the Krakens. I can only do so if you want the extra physical features and customization.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

1 hour ago, GalaxyGamer said:

Corsair H100i V2 is great, but if you can fit a 280mm radiator, you should definitely go for the H110 or H115, NZXT X61/X62, or even one of the 360mm radiators if you can fit it, such as the Fractal S36, or even a Thermaltake Ring360.

Basically get the largest radiator you can fit into your case (360>280>240) and then pick whichever one you think looks the best.

3 hours ago, Zyndo said:

Corsair H100i V2 is great, but if you can fit a 280mm radiator, you should definitely go for the H110 or H115, NZXT X61/X62, or even one of the 360mm radiators if you can fit it, such as the Fractal S36, or even a Thermaltake Ring360.

Basically get the largest radiator you can fit into your case (360>280>240) and then pick whichever one you think looks the best.

i can fit a 360 rad ;)

Just now, GalaxyGamer said:

i can fit a 360 rad ;)

then you should be looking at a 360 setup, as it will perform better than a 280 or 240 will. I mean, you haven't told us what you're cooling so you may not need the extra space, but that's my opinion. I'm a fan of the look and feel of the Fractal S36, and its expansion option... but you could get whatever you like.

3 hours ago, Zyndo said:

then you should be looking at a 360 setup, as it will perform better than a 280 or 240 will. I mean, you haven't told us what you're cooling so you may not need the extra space, but that's my opinion. I'm a fan of the look and feel of the Fractal S36, and its expansion option... but you could get whatever you like.

im cooling an i7-2600k 

Just now, GalaxyGamer said:

im cooling an i7-2600k 

well, assuming you intend on going as hard as you can with your overclock (or at least reasonably hard) then you will definitely want a 360mm if you can fit it to give you an edge. a lower TDP chip like an I5 or R5 and you may not see as much of a performance difference between a 280 and a 360.

3 hours ago, Zyndo said:

well, assuming you intend on going as hard as you can with your overclock (or at least reasonably hard) then you will definitely want a 360mm if you can fit it to give you an edge. a lower TDP chip like an I5 or R5 and you may not see as much of a performance difference between a 280 and a 360.

I've seen people get around 5ghz with this chip. so im probably going to go for like 4.8ghz if i can.

2 minutes ago, GalaxyGamer said:

I've seen people get around 5ghz with this chip. so im probably going to go for like 4.8ghz if i can.

Pretty ambitious, but good luck. I stand by my recommendation to get a 360mm radiator even more then. You could also potentially want to get some premium fans for whatever AIO you get if you want to really push your limits, but I'd hardly say its mandatory.

I have Arctic 240 and working Great, quiet a isn also so much overpriced.