Best free antivirus?

Go to solution Solved by JakeNTech,
Just now, Vielo said:

This is Anti malware scanner I'm talking about :) and Hitman Pro is pretty light in my expirience.

Again, its all down to personal preferences. For anti malwhere I use malwherebytes as its what I am used to an have good experience with. 

Just now, Vielo said:

So is Hitman pro and Avira worse than Windows defender?

Truth be told you really don't need to use an antivirus or anti-malwhere but just be carful what websites you go onto and what gets downloaded. Windows defender is good enough. 

4 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

and i have seen things that no AV detects.

i am not joking i am serious when i say they are all shit. if someone that trusts me asks for a recommended AV, whatever I give them, it will result in a false sense of security.

no, thats now what i meant. I was supposed to quote defending windows defender, I will let my self out. Sorry I want very clear , I have adjusted my post. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Who know we may have hundreds of malware on our PC, that our AV's and Anti-Malwares do not detect, its pretty scary!

Just now, Vielo said:

Who know we may have hundreds of malware on our PC, that our AV's and Anti-Malwares do not detect, its pretty scary!

Thats why you don't visit or download dodgy things. 

Just now, fixitnow said:

Thats why you don't visit or download dodgy things. 

I 100% agree! I only visit youtube and this site on my  PC the main thing I do is play games, I go on the internet a lot on my Macbook.

Just now, Vielo said:

I 100% agree! I only visit youtube and this site on my  PC the main thing I do is play games, I go on the internet a lot on my Macbook.

Then you don't really need to worry about anti-virus things. I use OS X for everything exempt from gaming, I have a windows 7 thing on my pc which has no access to the internet.