Peltier cooling ??

kizoku_95

What are the advantages and disadvantages of peltier cooling units ?

They are quite cheap and can be ghetto mounted on any good cpu cooler and you can get awesome temps at considerable power consumption !

Then why has it not been used for cpu cooling very much ?

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

I think it is because of the high power demands but I am not actually sure.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Probably a dumb idea if i don't have the expertise !

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

We used to offer this service, "cryo-tec"

Its very difficult to do unless you know what you are doing. Also, as mentioned, it consumes TONS of power and can harm your components if you do not insulate everything properly.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

We used to offer this service, "cryo-tec"

Its very difficult to do unless you know what you are doing. Also, as mentioned, it consumes TONS of power and can harm your components if you do not insulate everything properly.

I was looking at doing some more extreme cooling after my experiences with my P4 under dry ice...

Any tips and guides where I can get started? I honestly don't care if I screw up my components as they are like 12 years old...

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I was looking at doing some more extreme cooling after my experiences with my P4 under dry ice...

Any tips and guides where I can get started? I honestly don't care if I screw up my components as they are like 12 years old...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/282844-29-peltier-water-cooling

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Expect the lights in your room to dim, haha. We had a customer take his Cryo-Tec Aventum to a LAN party.... yeah....

I reckon there's still be an issue of heat. It'd just be the other (heating) side that'd need cooling instead of the CPU. 

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS