Lga 775 PC Update

marcost2

Hello again! Today i'm with something more advanced than changing gpu's thermal paste.

So, i have this old 2007-ish computer with the following specs:

Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Lga775 ( No quad-core support)

Intel Celeron E1200 @1.6 Ghz

Stock Cooler

3gb Ddr2

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (Yes that's even shit-ier than intel HD graphics)

So, it's a pretty low power PC, and somehow it still manages to run windows 10 butter-smooth(Or as butter smooth as a Celeron at 1.6 ghz can be). So, the thing is that this computer is mainly used by my sister, and she loves gaming, but this computer doesnt let her. Since i'm in  a pretty low budget (Max US$100) i would want to get her as much as i can. Not much horsepower needed, we know it wont play Watch Dogs 2 in ultra no matter what but at least play some older games (Morrowind doesnt even launch).

Any suggestions are apreciated

I'd get a better CPU, such as the C2D E8500 and something like a GTX 1050 Ti, although you'd have to stretch the budget a bit there.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

100 is about a 2TB HDD.
Not much space to work with imo

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I'd get a better CPU, such as the C2D E8500 and something like a GTX 1050 Ti, although you'd have to stretch the budget a bit there.

Yeah, GTX 1050 Ti were i live are around 350 us dollars so no. Is there any noticeable difference between E8500 and E8600?

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

C2D E8500

definitely a good upgrade if you can find one secondhand.

also, seeing as your budget is thin as it is, maybe look for older secondhand GPU's aswell. maybe even a 750Ti. i remember having the MSI TwinFrozr 750Ti and it played a lot of games surprisingly smooth!

1 minute ago, PerfectPlasma said:

100 is about a 2TB HDD.
Not much space to work with imo

Maybe, but i can get her more than 1 fps in most games. I try to do what i can with what i've got

2 minutes ago, marcost2 said:

Yeah, GTX 1050 Ti were i live are around 350 us dollars so no. Is there any noticeable difference between E8500 and E8600?

Oh wow. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference other than clockspeeds.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Un-luckily i live in a place where ebay doesnt ever arrive (Thank you goverment for keeping my items!) and people think that a 4-year old card is worth more than when it was launched (A 750Ti is worth  US$125 used)

Just now, jacob282002 said:

where do you buy ur parts from?

The local used online sites (Mercadolibre or Olx) They have no regulation and since there is no commission for publishing everyone puts their announcements really over-priced

2 minutes ago, marcost2 said:

Hello again! Today i'm with something more advanced than changing gpu's thermal paste.

So, i have this old 2007-ish computer with the following specs:

Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Lga775 ( No quad-core support)

Intel Celeron E1200 @1.6 Ghz

Stock Cooler

3gb Ddr2

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (Yes that's even shit-ier than intel HD graphics)

So, it's a pretty low power PC, and somehow it still manages to run windows 10 butter-smooth(Or as butter smooth as a Celeron at 1.6 ghz can be). So, the thing is that this computer is mainly used by my sister, and she loves gaming, but this computer doesnt let her. Since i'm in  a pretty low budget (Max US$100) i would want to get her as much as i can. Not much horsepower needed, we know it wont play Watch Dogs 2 in ultra no matter what but at least play some older games (Morrowind doesnt even launch).

Any suggestions are apreciated

Hmmm. Right.

Well, for the budget the likes of a Q6600 for an average pricing of £14 would offer suitability substantial amount of performance, all whilst reaming in the LGA 775 socket. 

Next would be a motherboard as such, with a refurbished offerings for around £28, as such: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIGABYTE-GA-G41M-ES2H-Micro-ATX-Socket-775-Motherboard/272644923189

So for £44.

Now for a GPU, you've not got a great deal of room left at £50. Although only a 1gb card, this should serve fine for mid settings games

: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-HD-5870-1GB-DDR5-/172723666226?epid=114609377&hash=item283721fd32:g:qkUAAOSwT5xZO7Ce presuming your chassis will fit it.

I hope I helped! :D Sorry if things have risen in price in your country.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

Just now, EnergyEclipse said:

Hmmm. Right.

Well, for the budget the likes of a Q6600 for an average pricing of £14 would offer suitability substantial amount of performance, all whilst reaming in the LGA 775 socket. 

Next would be a motherboard as such, with a refurbished offerings for around £28, as such: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIGABYTE-GA-G41M-ES2H-Micro-ATX-Socket-775-Motherboard/272644923189

So for £44.

Now for a GPU, you've not got a great deal of room left at £50. Although only a 1gb card, this should serve fine for mid settings games

: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-HD-5870-1GB-DDR5-/172723666226?epid=114609377&hash=item283721fd32:g:qkUAAOSwT5xZO7Ce presuming your chassis will fit it.

I hope I helped! :D Sorry if things have risen in price in your country.

Well sir, thank you very much for that. Un-luckily, i cant buy from ebay (Government will keep your items) and localy that sistem costs around 300-ish

in the states a 8500 is about double than a 8400 8$ vs 4$

how much less is a e8400 than a e8500?

5 bucks

so how much is a decent gpu that dosent require psu power over there? ex(650,750,etc?)

so how much is a decent gpu that dosent require psu power over there? ex(650,750,etc?)

The cheapest i have been able to get (with some talking) was US$50 for a used 1gb low profile gtx 650

i dont think you need anything better gpu wise for a dual core 775 

i dont think you need anything better gpu wise for a dual core 775 

Probably. Thank you very much, i will try to get everything together and get the PC upgraded. If everything goes to plan, i'll post an update here in some time

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:06 PM, marcost2 said:

Well sir, thank you very much for that. Un-luckily, i cant buy from ebay (Government will keep your items) and localy that sistem costs around 300-ish

Awwwwwwww mannn your government is lame as all heck D: Sorry dude. I do wish you the upmost highest in good luck for sourcing of your componentry, as I am certain there will be someone within your local area to whom maybe has a system or two ready to sell.

My school is actually planning on selling some of there systems for around the £70-ish price mark with some low end i3 stuff, so maybe ask around? :o

Kind regards,

-EnergyEclipse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

1 hour ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Awwwwwwww mannn your government is lame as all heck D: Sorry dude. I do wish you the upmost highest in good luck for sourcing of your componentry, as I am certain there will be someone within your local area to whom maybe has a system or two ready to sell.

My school is actually planning on selling some of there systems for around the £70-ish price mark with some low end i3 stuff, so maybe ask around? :o

Kind regards,

-EnergyEclipse

Yeah, our goverment sucks. A LOT. But whatever, i'll do what i can. Btw, do you think an XFX GTX 260 for 25 USD is a good value?