CPU core Temp Difference

Go to solution Solved by JohnnyGrey,

This is common among Ivy Bridge and Haswell chips. I'm shocked you just now noticed this. The only way I've seen this resolved is delidding the CPU and using new thermal compound. You could always try remounting the block to see if it helps a little, but I think delidding is the major solution. My air-cooled rig does the same thing.

So i have been running my computer for 6 months or so. It is watercooled and has been working great. The problem is the temps on the core. I was never having this issue until today so it's most likely not the mount of the waterblock. One of my cores is running 10 degrees C hotter than all of the others.

1X7dGGS.png

I am not to converned because i am really not using it for anything hardcore anymore, just wondering for a fix if this becomes a bigger problem in the future.

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz                               DCUII GTX 680                            16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 ATX                                      WD Caviar Blue 500GB+ 1TB      Corsair Obsidian 750D

Corsair TX850M Watt PSU                            Bad Custom Water Cooling          Samsung 840 Pro SSD

This is common among Ivy Bridge and Haswell chips. I'm shocked you just now noticed this. The only way I've seen this resolved is delidding the CPU and using new thermal compound. You could always try remounting the block to see if it helps a little, but I think delidding is the major solution. My air-cooled rig does the same thing.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti