Discussing my mining setup

I have an i5-2500k with a boost clock OC @ 4.7ghz.  I have Nicehash set to mine Monero after 10 minutes of idle using cryptonight (xmrstackcpu) 3 threads at around 140 h/s.  I know CPU mining isn't very profitable, but it does help to make sure I keep a 2 week payout window.  I have a MSI Gaming GTX 970 with the following settings: power limit 85%, temp limit 62°C, 139mhz core OC and 100mhz memory OC.  The fan curve is set to run around 66% at the temp limit.   As I mine in the p0 power state, the resulting core clock fluctuates between 1400 and 1455mhz.  I mine using the Nicehash client.  I mine Ethereum (daggerhashimoto, ethminer) at around 20 mh/s or Zec (equihash, excavator) at around 280 sol/s.  When I am at the computer I am mining ZEN using Zec miner 0.3.4b set to intensity 2 for around 100 sol/s and the Nicehash miner set to mine Zec (equihash, excavator) at around 180 sol/s.  I find that mining the Z coins has far less impact on the usability of the machine as I can watch youtube videos and such with only minimal dropped frames.  I am dedicating a third of my at PC mining power to Zen as I can get far more coins in payout than I get bitcoin thru nicehash.  I am planning to hold the Zen coins and sell the BTC.  I am going to look into moving away from Nicehash and their 3% cut and instead mine directly into low or no fee pools.  This will likely also bring an end to my CPU mining as the time between payouts will likely make it not worth it.

I also mine Burst.  Currently I have 1.2TB (1 300gb and 2 500gb drives) online and I have another 800GB being plotted on my old computer right now that I will move into my main PC when it finishes.  I'm probably going to change those drives out for a single 2TB or larger drive as soon as I can as it will consume less power than 4 separate drives.  With any luck the current plots fit on the single drive so I don't have to go thru the long process of plotting again.  I'll have about 48 hours of plotting time in those 4 plots.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

Plotted out 490gb of my storage hdd to bring it up to a total of 2500gb for burst.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.