Which one is better?

Zed_

MSI - GeForce GTX 1070  vs  ASUS - GeForce GTX 1070  vs  EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070, Which one is better?

Toss up but I like EVGA.

My Build:https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/795406-mini-itx-build/   PSU TIER LIST

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." - Albert Einstein

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." - Issac Asimov

"Headward, free now to rise." - Principal Vagina

1 minute ago, xitywampas said:

Toss up but I like EVGA.

I was gonna go for Asus but it went out of stock and then EVGA and the same happened. My luck is bad.

1 minute ago, Zed_ said:

I was gonna go for Asus but it went out of stock and then EVGA and the same happened. My luck is bad.

That sucks. Just look at reviews on newegg and that will tell you if a card is bad. Other then that get whatever brand you like.

My Build:https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/795406-mini-itx-build/   PSU TIER LIST

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." - Albert Einstein

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." - Issac Asimov

"Headward, free now to rise." - Principal Vagina

10 minutes ago, xitywampas said:

That sucks. Just look at reviews on newegg and that will tell you if a card is bad. Other then that get whatever brand you like.

Yea, was planning on doing that. Slightly, leaning towards EVGA if no then MSI.

34 minutes ago, Zed_ said:

MSI - GeForce GTX 1070  vs  ASUS - GeForce GTX 1070  vs  EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070, Which one is better?

3 Questions from me, before i give you the answer:

1. Which MSI? They have Armor + Gaming series + Founders + Aero.

2. Which Asus? They have the Strix, and the cheaper Dual (both are not the best) + Founders

3. Which EVGA? They have FTW + SC + Founders

MSI Gaming (X) is one of the best custom cards. Very good cooling, noise, and good cooled VRMs/Vrams. And high power target for OC.

EVGA is always good, because of their service. SC is a base model with stock PCB, but Custom Cooler. FTW is more expensive, but stronger. Not just clock speed. Bigger cooler, bigger PCB, bigger VRMs.

Asus Strix is average on the 1070 and higher. Other coolers are more efficient (in terms of Temperatur / Noise ratio).

The BEST 1070 models out there (best = lowest Noise out of the box) are Palit Jetstream / Palit Gamerock, and the identical Gainward Phoenix models. They have a huge 3-slot Cooler design, but thanks to that, this stays extremely cool, and pretty much "silent" all the time. Fans never go beyond 1000-1200 rpm, which is very very silent for GPU Fans.

Keep the Prices in mind!!!

Do NOT buy a GTX 1070 custom for 450€, if you can get a custom (even if it's a cheaper model!) GTX 1080 for 499€.

The next best GTX 1080 should always be 25% more expensive, since it has around 21-22% more performance in 1080p, and 25~% more performance in 1440p.

4 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

3 Questions from me, before i give you the answer:

1. Which MSI? They have Armor + Gaming series + Founders + Aero.

2. Which Asus? They have the Strix, and the cheaper Dual (both are not the best) + Founders

3. Which EVGA? They have FTW + SC + Founders

MSI Gaming (X) is one of the best custom cards. Very good cooling, noise, and good cooled VRMs/Vrams. And high power target for OC.

EVGA is always good, because of their service. SC is a base model with stock PCB, but Custom Cooler. FTW is more expensive, but stronger. Not just clock speed. Bigger cooler, bigger PCB, bigger VRMs.

Asus Strix is average on the 1070 and higher. Other coolers are more efficient (in terms of Temperatur / Noise ratio).

The BEST 1070 models out there (best = lowest Noise out of the box) are Palit Jetstream / Palit Gamerock, and the identical Gainward Phoenix models. They have a huge 3-slot Cooler design, but thanks to that, this stays extremely cool, and pretty much "silent" all the time. Fans never go beyond 1000-1200 rpm, which is very very silent for GPU Fans.

Keep the Prices in mind!!!

Do NOT buy a GTX 1070 custom for 450€, if you can get a custom (even if it's a cheaper model!) GTX 1080 for 499€.

The next best GTX 1080 should always be 25% more expensive, since it has around 21-22% more performance in 1080p, and 25~% more performance in 1440p.

Asus - GTX 1070 DUAL

MSI - GeForce GTX1070 GAMING X 8G 

EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 

I don't know about this much but Asus gtx dual is not a great choice? I am confused between EVGA and MSI but Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070 O8G GAMING is a good one too?

MSI Gaming X > EVGA SC (but EVGA has excellent service) > Asus Dual (Dual is just their cheap model, nothing special).

EVGA had problems with overheated VRMs, they fixed it with a kit, and a new Bios that has a LOUDER fan-curve, in Order to provide more VRM Cooling. Temperatures are better, but Noise is higher. However, EVGA always have the best support you will find at ANY GPU manufacturer)

So no, Asus Dual is not a great choise (maybe if it's MUCH cheaper than every other)

A very big german magazine tested a few of them last year, very VERY detailed (almost the same level as tomshardware, and you probably won't find better tests than theirs.)

Asus Strix on the 1070 has 1.8 Sone Loudness with ONLY a mere 63°C temperature. This is absolutely excellent. You might reduce Noise even further, and let the GPU get 5°C more, if you're a silent freak. Asus Strix is very decent on the 1070 (however, garbage on the 1080. 3.6 sone Loudness, almost double the noise, at 70°C).

Had only the 1080 in mind, but the 1070 Strix is good.

Max Powerlimit is 200 Watt at 120% (which means, if you OC, 200w is the max the Card will be able to draw. Normal is 150w)

MSI Gaming X has 1.4 Sone Loudness at 71°C. Hotter than Asus, but quieter.

However, extremely high Powertarget of 291w.

Just to clarify, the Card will NEVER draw 291 watt. Because you won't be able to overclock AND overvolt so much, that you could reach that. But this means, if you OC, the Powerlimit will NOT be an issue, and Bottleneck.

Gainward Phoenix GLH (of course, don't pay more for GLH, if a GS or the base model are much cheaper. Difference is just factory OC, which you can do by yourself within seconds) has only 0.7 Sone Loudness (which is so silent, you will NOT hear the fans go up under full gaming Load. That's how oversized and strong the Cooler is) at 67°C.

Max Powerlimit 195 watt (not the highest. But still very good for good OC. Not the max highest, but you shoudl be able to hit 2100 Mhz (if the Chip can make it!! Again, pure Lottery there), while the Cooler remains extremely silent.

Palit Gamerock Premium: 0.8 Sone Loudness at 68°C

So yea. All of those 4 are very decent, and useable. But in terms of pure Noise, Palit Jetstream/Gamerock, or Gainward Phoenix are the best.

6 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

MSI Gaming X > EVGA SC > Asus Dual (Dual is just their cheap model, nothing special)

So no, Asus Dual is not a great choise.

A very big german magazine tested a few of them last year, very VERY detailed (almost the same level as tomshardware, and you probably won't find better tests than theirs.)

Asus Strix on the 1070 has 1.8 Sone Loudness with ONLY a mere 63°C temperature. This is absolutely excellent. You might reduce Noise even further, and let the GPU get 5°C more, if you're a silent freak. Asus Strix is very decent on the 1070 (however, garbage on the 1080. 3.6 sone Loudness, almost double the noise, at 70°C).

Had only the 1080 in mind, but the 1070 Strix is good.

Max Powerlimit is 200 Watt at 120% (which means, if you OC, 200w is the max the Card will be able to draw. Normal is 150w)

MSI Gaming X has 1.4 Sone Loudness at 71°C. Hotter than Asus, but quieter.

However, extremely high Powertarget of 291w.

Just to clarify, the Card will NEVER draw 291 watt. Because you won't be able to overclock AND overvolt so much, that you could reach that. But this means, if you OC, the Powerlimit will NOT be an issue, and Bottleneck.

Gainward Phoenix GLH (of course, don't pay more for GLH, if a GS or the base model are much cheaper. Difference is just factory OC, which you can do by yourself within seconds) has only 0.7 Sone Loudness (which is so silent, you will NOT hear the fans go up under full gaming Load. That's how oversized and strong the Cooler is) at 67°C.

Max Powerlimit 195 watt (not the highest. But still very good for good OC. Not the max highest, but you shoudl be able to hit 2100 Mhz (if the Chip can make it!! Again, pure Lottery there), while the Cooler remains extremely silent.

Palit Gamerock Premium: 0.8 Sone Loudness at 68°C

So yea. All of those 4 are very decent, and useable. But in terms of pure Noise, Palit Jetstream/Gamerock, or Gainward Phoenix are the best.

Thanks for this info!. since I will not be needing 1080 maybe I should go for MSI or ASUS Strix one? 

Difficult choice. Both are fine. Asus is a bit louder, but also cooler, so you can let it run quieter, but warmer. So similar noise / temperatrure.

I think, in THIS Case, buy the cheaper one. Or the one, you think looks prettier/better.

Main differences tho:

Asus Strix has a little killer-feature, that noone else has. On the back of the card, there are 2x 4-Pin Fan headers. You can pin 2 Case Fans on there, and they will ramp up as the GPU gets hotter (to provide better Case flow), while in Idle, the Case Fans go down again to be quiet, since not much heat is produced.

To achieve THIS (Case Fan curve based on GPU Temperature) you would need the Software speedfan otherwise ,which also works just fine. But it's a nice little extra there.

MSI Gaming X on the other hand, has a bigger Powertarget. If you set Voltage to max, and overclock to the max, the Powerlimit of the Asus Strix might hit the Limit of 200 Watt, while the MSI Gaming X still might have breathing room.

But yea, i guess you can buy the cheaper one, of the one with better looks.

2 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Difficult choice. Both are fine. Asus is a bit louder, but also cooler, so you can let it run quieter, but warmer. So similar noise / temperatrure.

I think, in THIS Case, buy the cheaper one. Or the one, you think looks prettier/better.

Main differences tho:

Asus Strix has a little killer-feature, that noone else has. On the back of the card, there are 2x 4-Pin Fan headers. You can pin 2 Case Fans on there, and they will ramp up as the GPU gets hotter (to provide better Case flow), while in Idle, the Case Fans go down again to be quiet, since not much heat is produced.

To achieve THIS (Case Fan curve based on GPU Temperature) you would need the Software speedfan otherwise ,which also works just fine. But it's a nice little extra there.

MSI Gaming X on the other hand, has a bigger Powertarget. If you set Voltage to max, and overclock to the max, the Powerlimit of the Asus Strix might hit the Limit of 200 Watt, while the MSI Gaming X still might have breathing room.

But yea, i guess you can buy the cheaper one, of the one with better looks.

MSI looks more good to me and since I will be getting a MSI motherboard, it will go with it. But apparantly they are out of stock. Do u have any idea when will it be in stock in with newmegg or SuperBiiz and SuperBiiz are selling it at $27 less.

Not sure, i'm from germany ^^"

Guess better just ask them on phone. But i think, the sooner you order, the earlier you might get it.

3 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Not sure, i'm from germany ^^"

Guess better just ask them on phone. But i think, the sooner you order, the earlier you might get it.

I am not of US, so it's kinda hard for me. How about RX 580?

RX 580 is a nice GTX 1060 alternative. Similar performance overall~

But 2gb mroe Vram, 66% more Power consumption (200w instead 120w), and supports much cheaper Freesync Monitors.

GTX 1070 is better than RX 580 in every aspect. It's like 35% faster, it still consumes like 30-50 watt less. But it is usually more expensive (but because of Mining... used RX 480/580 are not cheaper, than used GTX 1070s). Except Freesync is cheaper than G-Sync.

But since all those Etherium Miners are buying dozens of RX models (400/500, even older R9 200/300 series on ebay) to mine the shit out of it.... the Prices are nuts.

Right now, there is not 1 single RX 580 available in ANY Shop here in Germany. 

And if one is available, it would be for 350-450 bucks.

People right now are selling their almost 1 year old RX 480 8gb, they payd 180-230€ for, for 380-430€ (and just jump to a GTX 1070/1080. But 1070 is now also targeted by miners, 1080 not really, because GDDR5X Memory is less efficient for mining, than GDDR5).

2 hours ago, Zed_ said:

the msi one matched my colour scheme but that is just personal preference they are all good cards just pick which one you want