Cheap Steam Games

TrophySlayer

2 things

1 : Everyone knows about this

2 : Even if they didnt, this is the wrong thread, would belong in 'Hot Deals'

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

G2A sponsors so many YouTubers/Streamers/eSports Teams/Tournaments/Organizations I'd be genuinely surprised if you told me you hadn't heard of it. That said, G2A is a dangerous place if you're not careful. Of all the gray market game resellers, they're by far the scummiest. The unsubscription process for G2A shield is drawn out and convoluted, and actually illegal in the EU because of its difficulty, G2A does not make any attempt to verify game sellers, and I was banned on two separate accounts for "suspicious activity" which turned out to be their definition of attempting to refund a failed purchase. I greatly encourage you to switch to Kinguin or Gameflip - both of which have *free* guarantees that you will receive a functional code, and a much more reasonable purchase process. 

Then there's the argument that you shouldn't even use gray market sites because it rips off developers - which is only partly true. Yes there have been incidents involving codes purchased with stolen credit card info, but in my experience the vast majority of codes on those sites line up with previous Humble Bundle or holiday sales. If you see something that seems to cheap to be true however, don't buy it. This article on Polygon is worth a read as it takes a deep dive into the world of gray market games: https://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/8006693/the-truth-behind-those-mysteriously-cheap-gray-market-game-codes