New monitor freaking out (Dell Gaming S2417DG)

Ultra_Man52

Hello. I haven't been here in a while so please be gentle. My new monitor is flipping out and I have no idea what to do. At first I could only do 120hz, and when I chose it it would flash black and brown on one monitor and grey and the other. Eventually I got it to get 144hz when I restarted it, but then it started acting up in games, with big horizontal lines appearing when I played. I'm not sure what to do. I just updated my drivers and the monitors are back to the state of brown and black, and grey. Could this have a correlation with my GPU's clock speed not being the same (which is also happening, probably should've mentioned it earlier)? 

System Specs:

i5 6600K @3.9 ghz 

2x Zotac Reference 980 Ti's (weird clock speeds)

16GB 3200 Corsair Dominator RAM

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Motherboard

please help!

IMG_0484.JPG

Try with just one monitor. Have you reseated everything with the cables?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

So your aoc is also getting messed up? That sounds like your computer is the issue, not the monitor. Try running the Dell by itself though.

Alright, I unplugged my AOC and had just my Dell on, and it let me show the display so that I could I guess fully restart and install the driver. I unplugged both and plugged them back in, and they are working fine for now. I'll test the games and see if I get the lines.

9 minutes ago, Ultra_Man52 said:

Alright, I unplugged my AOC and had just my Dell on, and it let me show the display so that I could I guess fully restart and install the driver. I unplugged both and plugged them back in, and they are working fine for now. I'll test the games and see if I get the lines.

The lines still exist. Could it be something with my graphics cards de-syncing on frequencies?

@SCGazelle @Jamiec1130

23 minutes ago, Ultra_Man52 said:

The lines still exist. Could it be something with my graphics cards de-syncing on frequencies?

@SCGazelle @Jamiec1130

Do you have both monitors connected to the same gpu? If not try doing that but I'm not sure if that's relevant to your issue

4 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Do you have both monitors connected to the same gpu? If not try doing that but I'm not sure if that's relevant to your issue

Yeah I have both connected to the first gpu, it freaks out if I put it in the second gpu

Guessing another kink that needs to be ironed out in sli.?

11 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

Guessing another kink that needs to be ironed out in sli.?

I doubt it's a problem with SLI

Try removing one time each of the GPUs to make sure they individually work fine.

3 hours ago, JorAlv said:

Try removing one time each of the GPUs to make sure they individually work fine.

did this, still the same problem

It turns out the lines appear in only 2 games that I play, H1Z1 and totally accurate battle simulator. Does that help at all?

1 hour ago, Ultra_Man52 said:

did this, still the same problem

So the problem happened with either of the GPUs individually?

Have you tried with the iGPU?

On 6/12/2017 at 4:30 PM, JorAlv said:

So the problem happened with either of the GPUs individually?

Have you tried with the iGPU?

Yes it happened with both GPUs. I also brought it to a friends house, and it worked perfectly on his system. 

Have you got enough display outputs in your motherboards i/o for both monitors? Try removing both GPUs  and connecting the monitors to the motherboard.

Also, when it happens, try removing your old monitor.