Nvidia Surround issues

I have a quad monitor setup. 3 x 1280x1024 at 75Hz and a TV on top. Whenever I try running Nvidia surround in 3840x1024 in 60, or 75Hz (I also created a 3840x1024 custom resolution), all 3 screens go black and don't come back, but my TV stays on and when I check my display settings, it shows there's only a tv and an unrecognized single display that won't connect. So I either have to reinstall the driver to bring back the monitors, or restart the pc with one of them unplugged. Surround has worked before and I don't know why it stops working. It seems with every driver update it randomly works and stops working, even after DDU. Is this happening with anyone else? I'm running a GTX 960 and am considering upgrading to either a 1060 or an RX 570 and I'm leaning towards AMD since I hear nothing but good stuff about Eyefinity.

I was having quite a few issues lately. I used ddu which I rarely use. Went back to an old ass driver as I don't need a recent one  for any new games. 

So when you say it always worked, does that include having the tv as well?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

3 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

I was having quite a few issues lately. I used ddu which I rarely use. Went back to an old ass driver as I don't need a recent one  for any new games. 

So when you say it always worked, does that include having the tv as well?

I think when it was working, it would just turn off the TV. I think I'll try it with it unplugged. I know for sure before having the tv it still gave black screen on all 3 monitors, and also worked randomly lol. I also tried going back to driver 353.12 which I think was the stable one and that didn't work. I think 353.30 also was stable.

Well is that card rated for 4 monitors and is all that within the memory specs?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Couple of questions.

1. What ports are you using for all these monitors? any converters/adapters?
  2. Have you tried setting it up with the TV unplugged during the whole operation?
  3. When you update your drivers, are you checking the "clean install" options?

Also, As someone who used both, I do feel like AMD did a better job at implementing this, as not only the setup process is simpler and smoother (meanwhile the nvidia control panel freezes at every step) but it also is better supported across the board. (and Most AMD card plays better at higher resolutions, so you get more out of them than an nvidia card.

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

3 hours ago, Kevo05s said:

Couple of questions.

1. What ports are you using for all these monitors? any converters/adapters?
  2. Have you tried setting it up with the TV unplugged during the whole operation?
  3. When you update your drivers, are you checking the "clean install" options?

Also, As someone who used both, I do feel like AMD did a better job at implementing this, as not only the setup process is simpler and smoother (meanwhile the nvidia control panel freezes at every step) but it also is better supported across the board. (and Most AMD card plays better at higher resolutions, so you get more out of them than an nvidia card.

1. TV is on HDMI, left monitor DVI-D, middle monitor DP to VGA converter and right monitor DVI-I to VGA converter
2. I'm not home till tomorrow afternoon so I will try doing that again with TV unplugged

3. I have a bunch of custom resolutions so its a huge pain for me when I check "clean install". I use DDU and install the latest driver

I am considering the AMD card more because of the software stuff, but I have an FX-6300 @ 4.3Ghz so I am quite afraid of bottlenecking.