Total newbie question: Can I somehow track emails going out from webmail?

I have a website and with the webhosting came email addresses that I could use. (is this even English?) My host is using roundcube as email client, or whatever the real term for this is.

I know that there are services that allow tracking for Gmail and Outlook, but I couldn't see an option to "connect" my email from the website with Gmail or Outlook. I still want to know whether my emails have been opened or not, as this is essential to me for organizing the dates.

I won't mind it if I have to do some non-trivial steps to achieve the tracking, as long as there is a descriptive guide to do that. By googling I found Piwik, but I have absolutely no idea what exactly it is and what I can do with it.

Also, since English isn't my native tongue and I am totally new on this topic, I'd appreciate correcting my mistakes (using the wrong terms etc.)

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 7:18 PM, FunnyPocketBook said:

Not quite sure what you're asking? Are you wanting to see the emails that have been sent, or are you wanting to see when emails have been delivered to recipients? 

If you are wanting to see when emails have been delivered/seen by the recipient, you can request a delivered and/or read receipt within Roundcube. 

roundcuve.png