Check RAM (DDR#) Compatibility Laptop?...

Hi guys,

Kind of a weird question: How do i check RAM (or general replaceable hardware) compatibility on a laptop?

I am a mechancical engineering student, second year, and i use SolidWorks a LOT.

Now, for this, i use my beautiful laptop with a 4th gen i7 processor, and 8gb of DDR3 ram.

The general problem: The ram and HDD (which is gonna be an SSD soon) crap out on me whenever i try to do anything significant with it.

I AM going to do a clean install some time in the future, probably in a few weeks or so, but i haven't yet and the thing is most likely infested with PUP's and Malware, as i'm running MWB right now and it's come up with... an undisclosed, but rather significant number, of threats.

I know that what i currently got is 8gb dual-channel DDR3 ram, running @ +/- 800MHz.

The laptop is a 3/4 year old ASUS N56JN-CH038H model if that helps in any kind of way... 

Thanks for the help, and cheers mates! :3

Don't download any suspicious things at all

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

Don't download any suspicious things at all

Yeah, easier said than done when you have an 8 year old brother that literally almost crashes your pc by searching for an illegal version of minecraft, and download about 17 of em, and runs em all... FFFFFFF.

Don't worry, i know what i'm doing when it comes to "downloading".