Corsair Strafe Stabilizer Question

LooneyJuice

Hello dudes/dudettes,

I've been meaning to ask, in case anyone has messed with this before. I'm not a huge fan of the stabilized keys on the strafe, even though I'm totally cool with everything else. I find that especially my shift keys are sometimes mushy to the point of diminishing any kind of tactile feedback from the switch. Is there any straightforward remedy for this? Is it just a case of just lubricating with something specific?

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

That's just the downsides of stock Cherry stabilizers, a lot of people find them to be mushy or to rattle. Sometimes lubrication can help, for me it doesn't make enough of a difference though and from now on I only use keyboards that come with clipped Cherry stabilizers or preferably, Costar. Sometimes requesting a replacement could help if you get a board with better quality control.

4 hours ago, Kleever said:

That's just the downsides of stock Cherry stabilizers, a lot of people find them to be mushy or to rattle. Sometimes lubrication can help, for me it doesn't make enough of a difference though and from now on I only use keyboards that come with clipped Cherry stabilizers or preferably, Costar. Sometimes requesting a replacement could help if you get a board with better quality control.

Yeah, understood. Heard some stories about Cherry stabilizers. Thanks for the info though. Nothing to really replace the board over seeing as all the stabilized keys are uniform at least.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right