Feedback on my build

1 hour ago, brandon_57 said:

yea.  I'm thinking of using the Crystal 460X RGB because its got blue RGB which works with my theme and tempered glass because I want to show of my build 

Why would you want Corsair 460x with $1000 build? Just add some RGB strips and you're ready with your Star Wars themed PC. There's Blue from the fan and Red from RGB 

2 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Why would you want Corsair 460x with $1000 build? Just add some RGB strips and you're ready with your Star Wars themed PC. There's Blue from the fan and Red from RGB 

I want it because it has tempered glass and I like how the whole case is constructed

5 minutes ago, brandon_57 said:

I want it because it has tempered glass and I like how the whole case is constructed

Okay, go with Corsair Carbide 400C its literally the same case and add Deepcool Light 360 RGB strip. It'll be better for your lighting and wallet

27 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Okay, go with Corsair Carbide 400C its literally the same case and add Deepcool Light 360 RGB strip. It'll be better for your lighting and wallet

ok thank you

This is what my new build looks like.  I'm trying to have a star wars type of theme with red and blue.  if you think I should change something please let me know.

My new Build

5 hours ago, brandon_57 said:

This is what my new build looks like.  I'm trying to have a star wars type of theme with red and blue.  if you think I should change something please let me know.

My new Build

Looks good

I'd still recommend you to consider Ryzen

50 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Looks good

I'd still recommend you to consider Ryzen

why do you think I should consider Ryzen?

2 hours ago, brandon_57 said:

why do you think I should consider Ryzen?

Its clear, extra cores. It'll be better for you when its more optimized and its value is so much better than Intel's. 

do you know what graphics card I should get because the one I wanted is sold out

9 hours ago, brandon_57 said:

do you know what graphics card I should get because the one I wanted is sold out

A lot of the RX 580's are in short supply because of the mining thing. A GTX 1060 6GB is around the same price for similar performance if you don't want to wait for the 580 to come back in stock.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7RKhP6/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-windforce-oc-6g-video-card-gv-n1060wf2oc-6gd

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jW98TW/msi-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-6gb-armor-ocv1-video-card-geforce-gtx-1060-armor-6g-ocv1

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QVWrxr/zotac-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-amp-edition-video-card-zt-p10600b-10m

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/KqRFf7/evga-geforce-gtx-1060-3gb-ssc-gaming-video-card-06g-p4-6264-kr

should I buy a cpu fan or just use the stock cooler?

6 hours ago, brandon_57 said:

should I buy a cpu fan or just use the stock cooler?

If you're using Ryzen, the stock cooler can deliver some overclocking. Its that good. For Intel, I'd recommend to buy new cooler

• 1 month later...

do I need a 2 TB hard drive for video games or would a 1 TB be fine?