Windows 10 boot loop + no safe mode :(

Prodigy22
Go to solution Solved by limegorilla,

Win10 doesn't let you go into safe mode via hotkeys anymore. Just get a iso and slap it on a USB, boot from it, then click "repair your computer"

Hey guys so I went to reset my windows 10 pc to factory settings and erase everything off the HDD as I was planning to sell my PC. Fast forward to being stuck at 10% (several hours)  for windows insallation and I turn off and on my PC and now stuck in boot loop. No safe mode access via F8 or F8 + Shift. Only access to gigabyte uefi bios. Need help asap, thanks! 

SPECS:

Storage
Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 7200.12 1TB SATA 32MB Cache 3.5in 

Video Card        
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 OC 975MHZ 2GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI 2XMINIDP PCI-E

Ram
Kingston KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX 8GB Kit 2X4GB 1600MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuff Hmp HyperX CL9

CPU
Intel Core i5 3470 Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.2GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB

Power Supply
Corsair CX Series CX500 500W ATX 12V 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply 120mm Fan

Motherboard
Gigabyte H77N-WIFI mITX LGA1155 H77 DDR3 1PCI-E16 HDMI SATA3 USB3.0 DVI HDMI Motherboard [GA-H77N-WIFi]

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

Win10 doesn't let you go into safe mode via hotkeys anymore. Just get a iso and slap it on a USB, boot from it, then click "repair your computer"

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

2 minutes ago, liamdoyle27 said:

Will I still have my fully activated version of Windows on there with that method? I also don't have my windows key.

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

Just now, Prodigy22 said:

Will I still have my fully activated version of Windows on there with that method? I also don't have my windows key.

When you sign back in with your Microsoft account it will reactivate for you, you don't need a key

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Also if your only repairing, not reinstalling you don't need a key anyway, you probably won't need to reset

Bow down to me humans.

16 minutes ago, liamdoyle27 said:

Also if your only repairing, not reinstalling you don't need a key anyway, you probably won't need to reset

Thank you so much, will have to get that on the usb then. And I'm selling my PC with the hopes of having a blank and activating windows 10 for the new user , so I would have to re install then correct?

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

Just now, Prodigy22 said:

Thank you so much, will have to get that on the usb then. And I'm selling my PC with the hopes of having a blank and activating windows 10 for the new user , so I would have to re install then correct?

Yeah, just reinstall. You'll need to set the computer up and login with your Microsoft account, but when your set up you can just go to settings and reset the pc, you'll be golden

Bow down to me humans.

17 minutes ago, liamdoyle27 said:

Yeah, just reinstall. You'll need to set the computer up and login with your Microsoft account, but when your set up you can just go to settings and reset the pc, you'll be golden

Awesome thanks again, always find the quickest and fastest responses on this forum. Cheers! 

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

On 6/2/2017 at 4:56 PM, liamdoyle27 said:

So I can't find the proper way to boot from the usb. I put the windows 10 iso on the usb and idk if there's a certain way to do it but I clicked load profiles and selected the file from the usb, restarted and nothing. Also tried putting UEFI usb as boot option 1 and that didn't work either..

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

You have to make the drive bootable. To do this, download This (I know it's a Linux program, but it works with Windows too) and get your iso and your usb drive. Run the program and follow the instructions

Bow down to me humans.

20 hours ago, liamdoyle27 said:

You have to make the drive bootable. To do this, download This (I know it's a Linux program, but it works with Windows too) and get your iso and your usb drive. Run the program and follow the instructions

I followed instructions and made it bootable but now I only see generic flash disk 8.07 and my hdd as boot option. No more uefi usb boot option.

-Bitfenix Prodigy-

8 minutes ago, Prodigy22 said:

I followed instructions and made it bootable but now I only see generic flash disk 8.07 and my hdd as boot option. No more uefi usb boot option.

Nevermind just needed to change boot order from #1 to usb and had to #2. Worked!

-Bitfenix Prodigy-