Creators update breaks Windows, again

Bouzoo

As the title said, this is not the first time it happened. First time it happened was ~1 month ago after the update was rolled out and then I got stuck with few really annoying issues. To name them:

1) It breaks power plans. Every time I start windows I get ~60% brightness and adaptive brightness ON and after manually setting it to 100%, and disabling adaptive brightness it resets every single time. Happens with both power plans via Power4Gear from Asus and normal windows power plans. 

2) Icons get rearranged every time unless I uncheck Align icons to grid and then check it again every time windows start. Check the pics below

Before 

Xlfwczg.jpg

After

gAG321D.jpg

3) Bottom gets moved up, unless I resize icons to be bigger. Notice the distance between the taskbar and bottom row icons on picture below and above

3QEseRx.jpg

[/spoiler]

I have tried countless things, reinstalling programs, manually setting pixel distance, playing with registry files and couldn't solve even 1 issue. I'm open to pretty much anything. I will probably roll back but that is sadly not a permanent solution.

I even reinstalled Windows to March 1703 build since that's the most recent one on Dreamspark and everything was perfect until last night after Creators update literally the same 1:1 things are happening.

I'll also tag @GoodBytes

Cheers

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Has the creators update been rolling out automatically? Or is it still an opt-in type of deal? If this keeps happening to you, then I'd report your issues to Microsoft and simply not update to the CU until it's stable for your particular build.

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Has the creators update been rolling out automatically? Or is it still an opt-in type of deal? If this keeps happening to you, then I'd report your issues to Microsoft and simply not update to the CU until it's stable for your particular build.

I'm not sure, I checked for all updates and installed it automatically. For now I rolled back and will definitely report it to MS.

I have most of what you say above, mainly the problems with the icons. I also tried a fresh install and it didn't fix any of the icon issues, it's all the same. 

It also stopped me from booting the other day because I enabled fast startup in power options and it caused a weird graphical glitch with a black screen and line on when booting, after POST. 

I don't think there's anything we can do except for roll back to a previous version or hope they fix these issues soon, which is unlikely. 

43 minutes ago, Celios said:

I have most of what you say above, mainly the problems with the icons. I also tried a fresh install and it didn't fix any of the icon issues, it's all the same. 

It also stopped me from booting the other day because I enabled fast startup in power options and it caused a weird graphical glitch with a black screen and line on when booting, after POST. 

I don't think there's anything we can do except for roll back to a previous version or hope they fix these issues soon, which is unlikely. 

What system are you running it on? This is happening on my Asus N550JK, I don't want to update my desktop yet. A fresh install helped me, but don't update to Creators, everything is working good so far for me on the previous update. 

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

What system are you running it on? This is happening on my Asus N550JK, I don't want to update my desktop yet. A fresh install helped me, but don't update to Creators, everything is working good so far for me on the previous update. 

Unfortunately I don't have an older version of Windows installer, the new Media Creation Tool only supports CU, so I'm not sure I can go back now. Also, a bit off topic, but the new installer UI is terrible! Very confusing and not straight forward like it used to be. 

And this is happening on my desktop with an Asus Gene VII, i7 4790k, GTX 980 and 16 GB RAM. All on a UEFI install of Windows.