PICTURES ARE BELOW

Basically this was my system before.

Core 2 Duo

1 x 2gb DDR3

Biostar G41D3C motherboard

generic Mini-ITX case

some ATI video output card

320GB HDD

This system acted as my Karaoke machine. There were two ports on the ATI video card (see pics), one VGA connector and one yellow AV input (i believe is composite cable). When i turn on the system, it would turn on my monitor (only 1 VGA port) and load WIndows XP then the Karaoke software. Then I would switch my TV (3 x HDMI, 1 x AV) to AV mode. After I choose a song on the monitor, it would display the music video on the screen and via the audio cable from the PC to my amplifier then to the speakers. The music would thus play on the speakers.

Now my ATI video card is spoiled. The video output would be totally corrupted.

Here is the list of SPARE parts I currently have:

1 x MSI GeForce 210 graphics card (fully working)

1 x Zotac GTX 970 graphics card (fully working)

1 x HDMI to AV connector (fully working)

1 x Full screwdriver set

1 x Intel Core i7 3770 processor

1 x Intel Core i5 750 processor

1 x AcBel 400W power supply

1 x WD 1TB Caviar Black HDD

1 x Sandisk 16GB USB drive

1 x dual Molex to 6 pin connector

2 x Team Elite DDR3 2GB modules

1 x HDMI cable (fully working)

1 x male to male FULL AV input cable

1 x Cooler Master Elite 310 Casing

Basically what I have done is since the current mITX case is too small, i put the motherboard into my CM case and plugged in the AcBel power supply cables, the hard drive, but changed the ATI graphics card to the GeForce 210 card (1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI, 1 x VGA). I plugged in the VGA cable to my monitor and the HDMI to AV connector into the HDMI port. I plugged the yellow AV cable into the connector. I also plugged the sound connector (the one the iPhone 7 doesn't have) into the sound IO on my motherboard's IO panel. There was no display. I tried it again, removing the VGA cable and my TV displayed the software albeit being slightly blurry. Removing the yellow VGA cable would also yield the same result, but it would be displayed on the monitor. I think the problem may be with the GeForce 210 card only allowing 2 displays but in this configuration (DVI and VGA), (HDMI and DVI) [according to NVIDIA forums]. I thought of using my GTX 970 (2 x DVI, 1 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort) but since my monitor only has one VGA port, it would be kind of useless.

So, I knew I was in a pickle and had to either get a graphics card that supported dual display (HDMI and VGA) or do something else. Just before my ATI graphics card spoiled, I was planning to upgrade my rig from an i5 750 to an i7 3770 gaming console killer system. (This is why i have those parts and my GTX 970) My motherboard has not arrived yet but I was planning to build my system into the CM Elite 310 system and connect it via HDMI to my TV. However, can I take advantage of this situation and get my Karaoke to run off the same system? Basically, I would plug the HDMI AV connector into the HDMI port on my GTX 970 and the yellow AV connector into the respective slot. Then, I would get a DisplayPort to HDMI connector and plug the DisplayPort into the GTX 970. I would get another HDMI port and plug it from the DP HDMI connector to my TV HDMI input. Lastly, i would get a DVI/DVI-D to VGA connector so I can connect it to my monitor. I would plug in my audio connector from my amp to my new motherboard (Biostar H61MGV3) When I am loading Windows 10 to play games, I would just change the input on my TV to HDMI which is where my game would display. My monitor would act as the temperature monitoring panel. The audio would come out of my BMB speakers. When I switch to Karaoke mode, I just have to change my TV to AV mode (must i plug out the DP to HDMI connector?) and i will choose my song on the monitor and it would play on the TV. Audio from speakers again.

If my understanding of ports are correct, this should work? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this post. Pictures are below!

Photo 1-6-17, 17 28 15.jpg

Photo 1-6-17, 17 28 16.jpg

Photo 1-6-17, 17 28 19.jpg

Photo 1-6-17, 17 28 20.jpg

Photo 1-6-17, 17 28 22 (1).jpg

Photo 1-6-17, 17 28 22.jpg

Photo 1-6-17, 17 28 23.jpg

Photo 1-6-17, 17 28 30.jpg

Photo 1-6-17, 17 28 35.jpg

Photo 1-6-17, 17 28 36 (1).jpg

Photo 1-6-17, 17 28 36.jpg

im confused, what are you asking help for? 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

im confused, what are you asking help for? 

i'm just asking if based on this logic, would this work. I don't want to go around buying all the cables to find out that it won't work

1 minute ago, Javier Ewe said:

i'm just asking if based on this logic, would this work. I don't want to go around buying all the cables to find out that it won't work

yeah it should work. your tv should have an HDMI input though, and you can try to use DisplayPort on your monitor

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

18 minutes ago, Javier Ewe said:

Basically, I would plug the HDMI AV connector into the HDMI port on my GTX 970 and the yellow AV connector into the respective slot. Then, I would get a DisplayPort to HDMI connector and plug the DisplayPort into the GTX 970. I would get another HDMI port and plug it from the DP HDMI connector to my TV HDMI input. Lastly, i would get a DVI/DVI-D to VGA connector so I can connect it to my monitor. I would plug in my audio connector from my amp to my new motherboard (Biostar H61MGV3) When I am loading Windows 10 to play games, I would just change the input on my TV to HDMI which is where my game would display. My monitor would act as the temperature monitoring panel. The audio would come out of my BMB speakers. When I switch to Karaoke mode, I just have to change my TV to AV mode (must i plug out the DP to HDMI connector?) and i will choose my song on the monitor and it would play on the TV. Audio from speakers again.

You have a monitor and a tv. Monitor has vga, get that through a dvi-i to vga adapter. TV has hdmi, get that directly from the card. Required cables: 1x hdmi, 1x vga, 1x dvi to vga adapter. No need to use the av adapter unless you want the fuzzy image.

One thing you want to check is your karaoke software compatible with win10?

6 minutes ago, themctipers said:

yeah it should work. your tv should have an HDMI input though, and you can try to use DisplayPort on your monitor

yeh my TV has 3 HDMI ports. (1 for cable tv, 1 for android tv, 1 free)

Just now, Javier Ewe said:

yeh my TV has 3 HDMI ports. (1 for cable tv, 1 for android tv, 1 free) Do you think instead of using AV and hdmi conector and displaying through AV, i should get a HDMI hub and plug two HDMI cables to it. (meaning also not needing to buy a dp/hdmi connector) Will it work?

GPU -> monitor (DP)

-> TV (HDMI)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, Pesukarhu said:

You have a monitor and a tv. Monitor has vga, get that through a dvi-i to vga adapter. TV has hdmi, get that directly from the card. Required cables: 1x hdmi, 1x vga, 1x dvi to vga adapter. No need to use the av adapter unless you want the fuzzy image.

One thing you want to check is your karaoke software compatible with win10?

oh yeah, forgot about that. THANKS! i dont really know about the software. It was purchased by my parents. But when i boot to that HDD, it would refuse to let me ctrl alt del and go to safe mode (would result in bsod), it just goes straight to the software