Free TV issues

Sleeper PC 2016

I found a samsung LN46B650T1F 120 HZ tv on the side of the road. It turns on and displays a picture but it has these lines and some ghosting issues. I provided a picture. Any ideas what board or boards are bad?

001.jpg

it could be capacitors on the power board causing proper power delivery to not occur or it could be the video driver board that is located toward the top of the back of the LCD panel when you remove the back, if it's just capacitors it's worth the repair, if it's the driver board it's not really worth the effort those are 60 plus dollars and as cheap as modern TV's have gotten and as efficient as they have gotten you will save more in electrity over the life of the TV by getting a newer TV, I have 2 40" Samsungs needing parts like this sitting in another room in my basement, it just isn't worth it to repair anymore, unless you simply don't have the funds to buy a new TV.

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

it could be capacitors on the power board causing proper power delivery to not occur or it could be the video driver board that is located toward the top of the back of the LCD panel when you remove the back, if it's just capacitors it's worth the repair, if it's the driver board it's not really worth the effort those are 60 plus dollars and as cheap as modern TV's have gotten and as efficient as they have gotten you will save more in electrity over the life of the TV by getting a newer TV, I have 2 40" Samsungs needing parts like this sitting in another room in my basement, it just isn't worth it to repair anymore, unless you simply don't have the funds to buy a new TV.

i read that its the tcon board. I checked the inputs and it worked when i hooked up my laptop via vga. Sound works. I suspect the tcon board because one time i got the picture to be close to line free then it started happening. Ill remove the back panel tomorrow since im not going anywhere. And if the power board was bad, it would not turn on OR shut off randomly which isnt the case. I did take a aport a plasma a couple years back with no power and the power board was bad

Just now, Sleeper PC 2016 said:

i read that its the tcon board. I checked the inputs and it worked when i hooked up my laptop via vga. Sound works. I suspect the tcon board because one time i got the picture to be close to line free then it started happening. Ill remove the back panel tomorrow since im not going anywhere. And if the power board was bad, it would not turn on OR shut off randomly which isnt the case. I did take a aport a plasma a couple years back with no power and the power board was bad

yeah, tcon, thats the name I was looking for (what I called the video driver board), one of mine plays till it heats up then the image freezes and fades to black and won't come back till power has been off for like a day or so. as for the power board it depends on, certain sections of the board power different parts of the TV.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

yeah, tcon, thats the name I was looking for (what I called the video driver board), one of mine plays till it heats up then the image freezes and fades to black and won't come back till power has been off for like a day or so. as for the power board it depends on, certain sections of the board power different parts of the TV.

i will take it apart tomorrow and take a look

guess you know why it was free

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

4 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

guess you know why it was free

it works but its just one board thast probably bad

7 hours ago, Sleeper PC 2016 said:

I found a samsung LN46B650T1F 120 HZ tv on the side of the road. It turns on and displays a picture but it has these lines and some ghosting issues. I provided a picture. Any ideas what board or boards are bad?

001.jpg

I agree to what @Daniel644 thinks, but how come you can use it like it doesn't belong to someone?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

8 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

I agree to what @Daniel644 thinks, but how come you can use it like it doesn't belong to someone?

because someone dumped it on the side of the road so they wouldn't have to pay the dump fees to get rid of a TV.

5 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

because someone dumped it on the side of the road so they wouldn't have to pay the dump fees to get rid of a TV.

Yeah maybe it's been "smacked down" before

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

20 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Yeah maybe it's been "smacked down" before

not smacked down and yes it costs money to get rid of it. And then scrappers come by and take it for free