Pc surround sound

I have an Asus p5k SE/EPU windows 10 64 bit. Also have a 5.1 digital receiver with coaxial and optical in as digital. How come when I go to the settings on the sound device the configure button is grayed out. I am using the coaxial input from my pc. Receiver is Sony STR-DE598. For surround sound it works with DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 my PS3 works perfectly with it using optical but I go into my PC settings and the configure is grayed out but when I go to supported formats and click on DTS and Dolby Digital and press test it works but how do I make it use that in like games and movies and stuff I know it wouldn't do that all the time I would just do that on stuff that support surround sound but I would like it for my game

Can't read fix colour 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

I have an Asus p5k SE/EPU windows 10 64 bit. Also have a 5.1 digital receiver with coaxial and optical in as digital. How come when I go to the settings on the sound device the configure button is grayed out. I am using the coaxial input from my pc. Receiver is Sony STR-DE598. For surround sound it works with DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 my PS3 works perfectly with it using optical but I go into my PC settings and the configure is grayed out but when I go to supported formats and click on DTS and Dolby Digital and press test it works but how do I make it use that in like games and movies and stuff I know it wouldn't do that all the time I would just do that on stuff that support surround sound but I would like it for my game

36 minutes ago, ThePotatoMan1248 said:

Most games do not output a Dolby Digital or DTS stream. To convert the PCM surround audio data to either (for your receiver to decode), you'd need Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect support. I don't think the built-in chip in your motherboard supports either, though you can play around with unlocked drivers (I don't think they'd work for Windows 10 however).

Creators Update complicates things further (even official support becomes flaky). 

Alright so I need a sound card than convert it or what I am probably going to do is get an HDMI receiver and I can just use my rx 470 hdmi, also I am going to build a Ryzen build in late summer 

Is there any budget usb sound card with spdif out that does Dolby digital or dts that you would recommend. I like sound but I don't know very much yet.