Replace a CPU?

xNeon

This is the notebook I have - http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K53E/

Recently I've been working with an extensive set in a DAW and it has been sucking the CPU power entirely. The program is 64 bit and I have tweaked it to work with the four threads and within the program started using it to save CPU power. Even with this, my CPU just doesn't have the power I need. It has a i5-2410M, like the lowest tier of the mobile i5 range, and it is sandy bridge. The chipset in the laptop is an HM65. My options at this point are to buy a new laptop or replace the CPU with one that has more power, which seems lie it would be more cost effective.

Three questions -

1. Is it possible to replace the CPU in this laptop model?

2. What is the best CPU (preferrably i7) I could replace with this socket and chipset?

3. Where can I buy a laptop CPU?

Thanks for any help.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

It isnt possible to do that:( You should just buy a new laptop--the i5's go for like $500, and i7's go for like $700

Yep. Only rare laptops have the possibility to have the CPU be upgradeable. Mostly you can just upgrade RAM, HDD, ODD and sometimes the GPU.

I just opened it up... It does have a removable CPU. The socket has a black flat head key that releases the CPU out of the socket. Now the question really is compatibility with the chipset. I just don't know where do look to research this kind of thing.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

I just opened it up... It does have a removable CPU. The socket has a black flat head key that releases the CPU out of the socket. Now the question really is compatibility with the chipset. I just don't know where do look to research this kind of thing.
Looking at the Asus Spec Page of that laptop, you can place in a Intel Core i7 2670QM or a 2630QM.

Id probably just go and get a new laptop if I had the money though... :)

Unlike mentioned, it is very often possible to replace the CPU in a laptop. I see that in your case it's possible :)

If you can find a suitable CPU, see if it needs a different thermal dissipation system because of the faster processor.

I would rather Suggest Buy New Laptop with Haswell Processor than 1 Laptop u already own those processor are good for Laptops

Its not hard to replace, if you can find the process for cheap go ahead and replace it, ( looks like you can get one for around $150 off of ebay.)

It'd be better just to stay with the old CPU or just get a new laptop. To much hassle to get a cpu for a laptop in my opinion.