NVIDIA Control Panel won't save settings

The exact issue is hard to explain but what it comes down to is that when I boot up my computer the default resolution on my left monitor is 1920 x 1080 (Ultra HD) and this does not fit my monitor and looks grainy and terrible. The simple fix is to set it to 1920 x 1080 (PC) (native). This fixes it perfectly however every time I boot up my computer after a shutdown it goes back to the Ultra HD setting. This problem started occurring a few weeks ago during installation of a new graphics driver. 

Things I have tried on my own:

-install previous version of graphics driver

-install brand new version of graphics driver that came out after the issue happened (few days ago)

-start NVIDIA Control Panel as administrator in hopes it saves my setting

I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 770 graphics card.

Thank you for any help you may have.

1. Did you install the driver via custom then check the clean install check box?
  2. Have you updated the GFE?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:
  1. Did you install the driver via custom then check the clean install check box?
  2. Have you updated the GFE?

I did express installation every time. I also have not updated the GFE but I will give it a try.

Just now, JVBeast said:

I did express installation every time. I also have not updated the GFE but I will give it a try.

Express is a real problem maker with the beta changes Nvidia keeps making. Try the clean install and report back, your PC will restart the reinstall the driver and GFE so don't panic. This is a change Nvidia made sometime back.

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Express is a real problem maker with the beta changes Nvidia keeps making. Try the clean install and report back, your PC will restart the reinstall the driver and GFE so don't panic. This is a change Nvidia made sometime back.

It did not fix my issue :/. I appreciate it though. I did so more research about nvidia's control panel and it turns out that mine isn't the only one that doesn't save settings so I might just contact nvidia.

9 minutes ago, JVBeast said:

It did not fix my issue :/. I appreciate it though. I did so more research about nvidia's control panel and it turns out that mine isn't the only one that doesn't save settings so I might just contact nvidia.

Damn, this is how i fixed mine.

No it isn't, i had it too last 3 drivers but mine was fixed when i used DDU then did a restart then reinstalled the driver.