Connecting GPU and front panel

Teonalei
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
Just now, Twomuch said:

And connecting them to the 8pin pcie / cpu outputs on the PSU should work just fine? Same as the cpu is connected to.

Yes, they use the same connectors PSU end. You cannot plug them into the wrong connector as they simply wouldn't fit. 

Hey there, i'm currently building my first PC and ran into some problems.

I've been looking all over the manuals, but they either refer to the motherboard manual, or doesnt explain it very well.

First thing:

I have a 750W PSU from Cooler Master, and theres 3 8 pin PCIE / CPU connectors left (open).

My Graphics card uses 2x8 PCIE (strix 1080ti), which the PSU doesn't come with. Would a 1x 8pin PCIE to 2x PCIE work, or should i get 2 separate 8pin to 8pin?

Second:
I can't seem to find a good explanation on the front panel wires "Power SW / Reset SW / HDD LED / POWER LED + and POWER LED -)

Where am i supposed to plug these into my motherboard? (I have the asus maximus ix code) The manual shows something like it on page 2-9 but not really an explanation.

Something.

What PSU do you have? a 700W PSU should have at least 2 8 pin PCIe connectors. 

Look in the bottom right of your motherboard, there should be a set of little pins. They are labelled on the board but can be a little hard to read sometimes. 

the pcie and cpu connectors are not interchangeable.  The connectors look similar but the wires are different. 

1 minute ago, intender said:

the pcie and cpu connectors are not interchangeable.  The connectors look similar but the wires are different. 

A bit odd theres 4 8 pin connectors with "8P PCIE / PCU" above it if they're all for the CPU.

Something.

14 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

What PSU do you have? a 700W PSU should have at least 2 8 pin PCIe connectors. 

Look in the bottom right of your motherboard, there should be a set of little pins. They are labelled on the board but can be a little hard to read sometimes. 

Thankyou, i'll have a closer look at it in a bit :)

Something.

2 minutes ago, Twomuch said:

Thankyou, i'll have a closer look at it in a bit :)

Also look out for 6 pins that have 2 pins right next to them on the same wire. Those are always annoying lol.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

According to the specs for the PSU, it should have x4 6+2 PCIe connectors. It may have two 6+2 pin connectors on one cable or have them all individually. It doesn't matter which you use, but the individual cables look cleaner if you ask me as you don't have the loop from one 6+2 to the next. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

-snip-

And connecting them to the 8pin pcie / cpu outputs on the PSU should work just fine? Same as the cpu is connected to.

Something.

Just now, Twomuch said:

Yes, they use the same connectors PSU end. You cannot plug them into the wrong connector as they simply wouldn't fit.