lawmakers seek to ban google glass from your car !!!!

kountrykountykid
Google Glass is going to be banned everywhere. Private offices? Check. Restaurants? Check. Anywhere but a city street? Check. While driving? You bet. Wearing one of these? Expect cabbies to refuse service. Expect restaurants to refuse to serve you. Enjoy not having anyone talking to you candidly ever. People are terrible enough at driving as it is (I know' date=' everyone's a worse driver than you). I personally wouldn't want to where one while I'm driving anyway. I don't see a need, I get myself everywhere and anywhere without something as close to me as Glass. There are so many privacy issues people will have with it as well, as mentioned. It's very, very cool, but the world isn't ready for it yet. The public release target is the end of this year. What does everyone this the price of it will be? People who won the competition to get Google Glass now had the pay $1,500 for it...[/quote']

You're right the world just isn't ready for it yet. I suspect that it will be the privacy resistance (people like Linus), and people who don't want some of the governments practices to be seen who will keep the project/product useless for quite some time. But someday soon, they will give up, and Google, our glorious lord and savior, will finally have more information than that on the public internet.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

I think it should be banned. It's just another distraction which will make you take your eyes off the road, just as texting someone would. There's already enough dopey drivers on the road, we don't need them wearing glasses which could potential stream TV and such.

Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V LX | CPU Intel i5 3550 @ 3.30GHz | Graphics Card MSI Power Edition GTX 660 Ti @ 1302MHz | PSU Corsair TX650 | RAM 8GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz

Boot Drive 128GB OCZ Agility 4 | Recording HDD 500GB Seagate Barracuda | Games HDD 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor Dell U2312HM

why cant you just press a button to turn it off when you dont want to use it
Because if you were talking to someone in the car and you were pulled over you can easily just turn them off and say you weren't using them. It's already been proven that talking on the phone or texting is almost as bad as driving whilst drunk. It's easy to just ban them from being worn whilst driving.

Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V LX | CPU Intel i5 3550 @ 3.30GHz | Graphics Card MSI Power Edition GTX 660 Ti @ 1302MHz | PSU Corsair TX650 | RAM 8GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz

Boot Drive 128GB OCZ Agility 4 | Recording HDD 500GB Seagate Barracuda | Games HDD 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor Dell U2312HM

With all the technology that is being programmed into the glass, I'm sure they will find some sort of compromise between functionality and privacy. For example, there could be some sort of signal a WiFi router could emit which makes the glass not able to record or take pictures. It should also be limited to only GPS functionality when driving or something like that.

I'm totally with them. I know it could be awesome for google maps and stuff, but i think it would cause too much trouble. just like cellphones. Sorry dude, but I'm with the lawmakers here.

I live in Virginia and the Commonwealth is constantly trying to do things like this. Honestly I can see their point though, instead of this thing just sitting in your lap you now have it directly in your line of sight which given the drivers I deal with on a daily basis, is a horrifying prospect.

My daily driver.

• CPU
    Intel i5 6600 K
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
  • RAM
    16 Gig of G.Skill TridentZ Series 3000 Mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA 1070 FTW edition
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage