Is the AsRock Z270 Extreme4 a good mobo under 200 bucks ?

Hi everyone, i'm searching the best polyvalent mobo under 200 buck (i'm in EU so price are really really not the sames... ) for overclocking stable my 7700k at 5ghz, i search something "futuproof" (You understood me! Do not criticize me pleaseee, i know it"s not a good word for Hardware world ... ) I have it concludes that the asrock was made for me for its price, but I would like to be sure and to have your notices and proposals :)

Thks y'all guys :)

what about msi m3 or m5 gaming? because "futureproof" is an useless word, you don't know if the "future" will be like how do you think right know imo :P 

And depends for what do you going to use, for me is too expensive and unnecessary IN MY CASE, which is only for gaming and overclock + sli if i had money :( 

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

7 minutes ago, MrVint said:

Hi everyone, i'm searching the best polyvalent mobo under 200 buck (i'm in EU so price are really really not the sames... ) for overclocking stable my 7700k at 5ghz, i search something "futuproof" (You understood me! Do not criticize me pleaseee, i know it"s not a good word for Hardware world ... ) I have it concludes that the asrock was made for me for its price, but I would like to be sure and to have your notices and proposals :)

Asrock make solid boards for the price. From the reviews I've seen it's a good board.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Just now, Blackhole890 said:

what about msi m3 or m5 gaming? because "futureproof" is an useless word, you don't know if the "future" will be like how do you think right know imo :P 

Msi, in mid range mobos, is not famous for overclocking, msi is just doing good looking mobos and, honestly,  not a bad UEFI, but i will take a look at their mobos

Do you have the i7 if not go for Ryzen it will lower the cost

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

Do you have the i7 if not go for Ryzen it will lower the cost

i already have the 7700k, i'm looking for a good mobo :)

4 minutes ago, MrVint said:

Msi, in mid range mobos, is not famous for overclocking, msi is just doing good looking mobos and, honestly,  not a bad UEFI, but i will take a look at their mobos

hmm, i didnt know that different z270 motherboards has more capabilities to oc more or less... In that case, go for it

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

14 minutes ago, MrVint said:

It's probably the best all-round board at that price point, but it isn't the best available for higher OCs. Only about 50% of 7700ks can reach 5GHz anyway, and its VRM isn't the best around.

It's a great board with tons of features, but isn't going to give you the highest OCs.

Si

1 minute ago, wzrd said:

It's probably the best all-round board at that price point, but it isn't the best available for higher OCs. Only about 50% of 7700ks can reach 5GHz anyway, and its VRM isn't the best around.

It's a great board with tons of features, but isn't going to give you the highest OCs.

In fact, overclocking isn"t really matter, it"s more for pro and sport records, the only thing i really search is a mobo with the most stuff possible under 200 bcs i  cannot really allow to pay an other one in 2-3 yrs, i think i will go with it, but if you have a proposition to do, you will be welcome :) 

10 minutes ago, MrVint said:

i already have the 7700k, i'm looking for a good mobo :)

Asrock Super Carrier

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

Asrock Super Carrier

under 200 xD 

Just now, MrVint said:

under 200 xD 

I know i was joking because I know it's over 200

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

I know i was joking because I know it's over 200

xD

F*ck, it was the MSI xD sry guys 

MSI-Z270-Gaming-M5-OC.png

14 minutes ago, wzrd said:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASRock/Z270_Extreme4/11.html 

Look at that dude ;)

18 minutes ago, MrVint said:

1. He had to give it 1.312V

2. CPUs vary too.

3. I never said it wasn't good, just that it wasn't the best; I even use one in my own personal rig.

4. It doesn't have a true 6+4 VRM like some of the better OCing boards do, its 6+4 is doubled from a 2+3. I can tell you this for a fact because I own one.

5. Just because he got it to boot at 5GHz doesn't mean it was stable. Lower phase count VRMs can cause stability issues as the voltage will vary more.

6. He didn't have it clocked at a constant 5GHz like you asked, he had it at 4.7GHz with a 5GHz turbo boost.

;)