Rival 700 mouse

theminnesotanman
Go to solution Solved by Droidbot,

you can swap the cable in the box with the other non-rubberised cable, it's better IMHO

I just bought the rival 700 mouse and was wondering. I can feel the rubber from the connector catching the mousepad. Was wondering if this is normal when its new or if this is not normal.

you can swap the cable in the box with the other non-rubberised cable, it's better IMHO

idk

18 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

i was able to just vigorously rub it against my mousepad which wore it down just enough. works perfectly now!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-05-22 at 3:08 AM, theminnesotanman said:

I just bought the rival 700 mouse and was wondering. I can feel the rubber from the connector catching the mousepad. Was wondering if this is normal when its new or if this is not normal.

The cables for my 700 did the same. Both of them. And as I'm using a textured mouse surface it was totally impossible to use the mouse on it.

I would call it either a design failure or a manufacturing mishap. I've seen pictures and videos of the 700's cords and connectors that are slightly different then what was delivered with mine.

After I had a discussion with steel series support staff which refused to say if they was aware of that or not and if it was a design failure - I got the feeling that they kind of knew about it. They asked me to RMA the whole mouse to them but in the end a returned within the 30 day return policy to reseller instead.

Perhaps I'll get one in the future if they managed to design and release a new connector solution for it. Or I'll simply wait for a Rival 750/800 or what it might be called.